News July 4 2022 entertainment at Walt Disney World

iMax

ED5F8509-74E5-49FD-8170-DDE24EE8ABD2.jpeg

There is nothing compared to this finale, it left me shaking with adrenaline. Here's hoping Peace on Earth can make its long awaited return this winter, but until then...

Heartbeat of Freedom is back and here to stay!!

wtyy21

Yeah, previous RoE tags are well to stay, adjusted with new Harmonious tech.

For tonight's performance at the MK, the amount of fireworks were similar to yesterday, no longer 360 perimeter fireworks. I believe two-day NYE fireworks (Dec. 30 to 31) also cutting same pyro.

Disney Analyst

For tonight's performance at the MK, the amount of fireworks were similar to yesterday, no longer 360 perimeter fireworks. I believe two-day NYE fireworks (Dec. 30 to 31) also cutting same pyro.

Now that last part is a true shame.

jrhwdw

View attachment 651067
There is nothing compared to this finale, it left me shaking with adrenaline. Here's hoping Peace on Earth can make its long awaited return this winter, but until then...

Too Bad RTV1 had Lag but it looks like Harm din't hurt Heartbeat Of Freedom Any!!!!!!! I'd say Epcot Passed!!!!!!

As for Celebrate America tonight..... Couldn't tell how many Primt. MK used.......

vikescaper

View attachment 651067

It was great seeing the Heartbeat of Freedom tag again and updated with the new tech! I always have a happy grin on my face during the finale!

Vinnie Mac

I know the Harmonious barge is probably the most controversial addition to EPCOT since the JIYI incident but man have they really plussed these holiday shows. It looked great for New Years and it looked great for this show. The screens could really help with storytelling if they ever one day decided to bring back ROE (or a show of similar theme) with the new tech.

Disone

That not been my experience over the last 20 years living here. I usually go to MK on the 3rd (commonly Poly beach) and EC on the 4th. The 3rd has always been full 360 show until 2020. I’ve got many years of photos from Poly Beach to validate it.
Agreed. It has almost always been 360 on July 3rd as well. Same thing for December 30th.

I can't speak to before the 15th anniversary of Walt Disney World but been going since then and it's been 360.

Normally I watch Magic Kingdom on the 3rd but last night I was just too tired. So I watched it online. I was completely underwhelmed and thought it was just not translating well on the screen. But then I see this conversation. It seems well documented that many launch points were in fact not used.

Tonight I went Epcot. Against my better judgment, thinking that too would be watered down.

Heartbeat of freedom was not watered down!

By about 30 seconds into the tag, they had already launched more fireworks than in in the harmonious finale and it was only beginning. I knew I was in for a treat. At that point worries slipped away, I put my camera away and said "it's been a couple years I'm just going to watch".

By the end I was crying. It was glorious.

The crowd was screaming, I half expected small children to be thrown into the air. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it was so nice to have a bone rattling finale just shake you to the core.

I don't understand why Magic Kingdom was cut down so much and Epcot was not. But I'm certainly thankful.

Fingers crossed that Epcot's tags continue to survive the budget ax.

jrhwdw

So glad Epcot kept the ROE Standerd Tags!!!!!! Next Up: 40th???????

As for MK...............While Celebrate America had a nice return Why did MK go through all that work moving the Spots for Enchantment???? Wonder why they didn't try to keep the 180/360 shape?????

wtyy21

Here's full video of Heartbeat of Freedom. Looks more technologically advanced than previous RoE era of the tag and contained combined male and female narrators instead of just male narrator with additional scripts.

Last edited:

wtyy21

Yes if this is the new Magic Kingdom version. We will wait to see if Disneyland/DCA version tomorrow adopted the same unknown female narrator as MK, retaining the original Corey Burton narrator, or having a different narrator for the West Coast, such as potentially Bill Rogers or Bob Joles (Voice of Disneyland).

The original narration "A nation of courage and independence" has been kept, only male voice were replaced by women. We seen that on the video.
They also changed the narration from male to female narrator at Disneyland Park, with some castle pyro and high firework shells are changed.

Last edited:

iMax

I feel like the 360° perimeters will be back once Tron construction is finished.

Disney Analyst

Glad to see the EPCOT finale was back to its pre-COVID shell count.

Disappointed to see only 5 of 11 launch sites used at MK. Hopefully, that will return.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause them to cut the 360? Is it budget? Are the launch sites not useable right now?

It especially seems odd to not even do the proper 180, they don't even have it symmetrical.

@marni1971 ??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom