COVID testing requirement for air travelers arriving in the United States is set to end June 2022

surfsupdon

This will help all air travel. My overseas trips while this protocol was in place had a silly added expense and silly logistics. Glad to see it finishing.

CLEtoWDW

The fact that the testing requirement lasted this long is just another indicator of how nonsensical these last years have been. Hopefully we all learned something from this.

tpoly88

This will help all air travel. My overseas trips while this protocol was in place had a silly added expense and silly logistics. Glad to see it finishing.
had 2 trips to Caribbean this past winter and just in may. added $150 to come home for 2 tests and the anxiety of wondering if your getting stuck and paying another $7000 for quarantine. This will open it up for sure and its amazing since april the level of stress has gone down significantly due to no masks. This will also help with people in the US going to europe and other places besides FL.

SoFloMagic

Of course, there could also be an adverse effect, as people feel less safe on a plane and choose not to travel. Works both ways.
It was mostly a one-way requirement anyway. Most of the world doesn't require testing at the moment for the vaccinated.

But I'd have thought they'd move to a France model first - test only the unvaxxed.

tpoly88

It was mostly a one-way requirement anyway. Most of the world doesn't require testing at the moment for the vaccinated.

But I'd have thought they'd move to a France model first - test only the unvaxxed.
if you were not vaxxed you couldnt go. you had to upload your vax card, passport and negative test before you went to a lot of the islands and then test the day before you left at the hotel. only PR and USVI plus Mexico had different criteria. everywhere else no vax No Go! This is a big help to the carribean as they are really hurting from lack of tourism.

MrMichaelJames

Disney doesn't NEED a boost of any kind! They are already horribly busy, this will just make things worse for them and those that want to visit the parks seeing as how they seem to have staff shortages this will make it even more of a nightmare for everyone when the floodgates open fully. Makes me seriously want to reconsider even starting to plan a trip for next year.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Pre-arrival registration, mandatory quarantine if unvaccinated and without proof of negative PCR test from previous 72 hours - 14 day quarantine, or until you get a local negative result.

Now it's a free-for-all, and case numbers are increasing on the island.

nickys

Premium Member

If you’re unvaccinated you still aren’t allowed in, afaik. I don’t think that’s changed.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It won't necessarily mean a boost of guest numbers, given that this, combined with no mask requirements on flights have scared away quite a few guests.

Well Virgin and TUI in the UK reported a massive spike in bookings for Disney over the School Summer Holidays here when the news dropped about the Covid tests going away, so a ton of UK people will be heading out/

SoFloMagic

If you’re unvaccinated you still aren’t allowed in, afaik. I don’t think that’s changed.
Oh, I guess that part didn't go away.
Still I'm surprised unvaxxed us citizens are exempt from testing before returning. Seems like a good way to encourage vaccination.

nickys

Premium Member
So I just read a CNN report which said this initially applies for 3 months and will then be reviewed.

Since I’m visiting in December I’m going to have to wait a while to see what happens. 🤞🤞🤞

Stellajack

Premium Member
My husband and I are vaxed and boosted. We spent a week in Rome starting 5/4. Both of us tested "very mildly" positive on 5/11, when testing at the airport in Rome to return to the US. We were transferred to the Sheraton Hotel at very reduced rate until we were retested on 5/18 with negative results.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Well Virgin and TUI in the UK reported a massive spike in bookings for Disney over the School Summer Holidays here when the news dropped about the Covid tests going away, so a ton of UK people will be heading out/
Tell them to get travel insurance. If they get covid and need medical treatment while in the US, the bills will not be cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom