News The Gardens Course at Fantasia Miniature Golf closing for refurbishment during May 2022

Texas84

No kidding huh?

Wait...Are you saying I am geographically challenged, spoiled knucklehead from the congested North East !!??
I'll have you know I've been called much much worse!!!

In all seriousness though, I guess I have a little tunnel vision when it comes to this sort of thing. We're tripping over them around here, even only being able to fully enjoy them 4-6 months out of the year.
To be fair, I'm kind of in Hicksville. The nearest one is about an hour away.

SteveAZee

ehhhhhh...come on. Not really.

As far as the quality of food, ok sure. And certainly the three types of food you listed for sure.
But I could EASILY argue there are a vast number of unique restaurant experiences in the World you can't find anywhere else.
The point for me is, it's a matter of degree.... from where 'home' is, what you're expecting from a restaurant or mini-golf, what your personal preferences are... and the well known 'location location location'.

You found it amazing that people mini-golf at Disney. I'm simply trying to provide legitimate context as to why some people would. Those reasons may not apply to you.

UNCgolf

To be fair, I'm kind of in Hicksville. The nearest one is about an hour away.

I live in Atlanta and don't know of a single mini-golf spot anywhere near the city other than a couple of Puttshacks, which aren't really the same thing. They do involve mini-golf, but they're indoors with a bar and food and really targeted at adults who want to play a game while they drink.

When I was a kid growing up in a decent sized city in NC, there were a couple of Putt-Putt locations but they've all closed. I think the only place left there for mini-golf is a big center with an arcade, go-karts, bumper boats, etc. that's a major birthday party spot for kids.

I really only see mini-golf places when I'm at a beach.

bdearl41

I live in Atlanta and don't know of a single mini-golf spot anywhere near the city other than a couple of Puttshacks, which aren't really the same thing. They do involve mini-golf, but they're indoors with a bar and food and really targeted at adults who want to play a game while they drink.

When I was a kid growing up in a decent sized city in NC, there were a couple of Putt-Putt locations but they've all closed. I think the only place left there for mini-golf is a big center with an arcade, go-karts, bumper boats, etc. that's a major birthday party spot for kids.

I really only see mini-golf places when I'm at a beach.
Greensboro? I used to love playing those putt putts. Particularly the one on HP road.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The point for me is, it's a matter of degree.... from where 'home' is, what you're expecting from a restaurant or mini-golf, what your personal preferences are... and the well known 'location location location'.

You found it amazing that people mini-golf at Disney. I'm simply trying to provide legitimate context as to why some people would. Those reasons may not apply to you.
Yes I get that, but with that being said. You HAVE to eat, you don’t HAVE to play mini golf.

JIMINYCR

Our WDW trips most of the time are for 2 weeks so we can do a variety of things on and off property. We can fit in 2 days or more for each park. Towards the end of our 2 weeks we have done just about everything we wanted to do so then we fit in the mini golf courses where DS and I have our competitions. We have only one mini golf course in our area and its always packed, so we rarely visit. WDW courses are a great added family experience we never miss out on.

Nubs70

Mini-golf is cheap and you feel like you're still doing something and making the most of your vacation and not just laying around the hotel room all day.

Drop another seven hundred (food included) for the family of four to go on the park again?

Drop another three hundred (food included) for the water park?

Drop another who even knows how much on wandering around Disney Springs buying more crud?

Or...sixty bucks for mini-golf (they don't offer actual food, so may tack on ten bucks for everyone to get a candy bar). That's less than the price of a single one of those stupid oversized sweaters you would inevitably end up buying at any other place because your kid saw it on Instagram and so has to have it.

THEN back to the hotel to lay around.

No.
$60 for Genie+?

Patcheslee

I am getting a bit of an education about the scarcity of mini-golf courses here today!

Seeing how many folks don't have these within driving distance let alone spitting distance of their homes is enlightening and does shine a bit of light on the sheer novelty of them to some folks!

Taking that into consideration I can think of a couple of one offs I've done at WDW that aren't necessarily uncommon to all that I did partake in because of the WDW location and novelty of it for me.

I guess I can sort of get the appeal.

Based on new evidence submitted by fellow posters.....I PARTIALLY retract my statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Depends what you consider driving distance, closest to us we would visit is a 45 minute drive and part of go-cart park. The one in town is another go-cart place, but questionable upkeep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom