Blizzard Beach re-opening???

KrzyKtty

I don't have any actual information but I would be highly surprised if it is not opened by then. I get that they still have Typhoon Lagoon, but Disney would probably want both parks open to maximize keeping people on property are not losing any to Volcano Bay, which is in my opinion a much superior water park anyway.

Upvote 0

happymom25

I’m so disappointed. Blizzard beach has been on my bucket list for years. We decided to make the water parks happen this trip and bought 7 day tickets with the add on water park option for our whole family. then they closed blizzard beach shortly after we purchased all the tickets. I kept watching for it to open again. 😭 Hope we like TL.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We'll miss going t BB but TL is such a better park, IMO. We'd quickly run out of things to do at BB. There are definitely more slides/family rides at TL, plus you can't beat that wave pool!

Upvote 0

Pete C

What's with the year long closures of the water parks? First Typhoon Lagoon and now Blizzard Beach looks like it might head that direction. This used to be a yearly 3-month process. Are they doing this to limit operating costs? I don't see why having a crane on site would necessitate the park being closed.

I do agree that TL is the better park. After adding Crush n Gusher and Miss Adventure Falls it pulled ahead of BB in terms of attractions. Then they started closing some of those back 3 slides at BB. That park really needs something new.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
What's with the year long closures of the water parks? First Typhoon Lagoon and now Blizzard Beach looks like it might head that direction. This used to be a yearly 3-month process. Are they doing this to limit operating costs? I don't see why having a crane on site would necessitate the park being closed.

I do agree that TL is the better park. After adding Crush n Gusher and Miss Adventure Falls it pulled ahead of BB in terms of attractions. Then they started closing some of those back 3 slides at BB. That park really needs something new.
They only opened one water park after the parks closures. That was due to staffing issues (a lot of lifeguards are CP participants) and cost related too.

Hopefully they’ll return to both water parks being open soon, with the usual cycle of maintenance.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Out of curiosity found the crane plan. It's the length of a football field?! How normal is that? I can see why it would closed, the load swing would put at least 2 attractions down. i.e. whatever they plan to work on and Cross Country Creek.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We'll miss going t BB but TL is such a better park, IMO. We'd quickly run out of things to do at BB. There are definitely more slides/family rides at TL, plus you can't beat that wave pool!
Blizzard was better until typhoon added the family ride…and the water coasters

Prior to that it’s offerings were stale.

But typhoon also closed the snorkel reef…which sucks because it was typical Bob era cheapskatery

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom