Cultural Representatives Returning to EPCOT This Summer

nickys

Premium Member
I’m not sure what’s going on with that, but I work in the pavilion and there’s no CRPs here, just permanent residents originally from Canada and domestic cast, maybe she was offered an extended cultural exchange?
Just messaged her Mum! So apparently she was on the student program and got cut short. So was offered the chance to go back either for just the summer or for a full year.
So that might mean she’s technically still on the Cultural Exchange Program I guess, but for a full year since she’s now graduated.

UNCgolf

Cultural Exchange is basically an international version of the college program. These participants are eligible to come work in the US because it is part of their college degree path. They come for 2-3 months and can work in any role in any location. They are on a J1 visa.

Cultural Representative Program is a one year program that is not linked through schooling and these participants can only work in a role representing their country and are only allowed to wear their national costume. So they are basically limited to working in their country’s pavilion (or DAK, DAK Lodge -Asia/Africa, or the Riviera- France/Italy). Sometimes cultural reps will be used as audience control in different parts of EPCOT but they must always be wearing their country’s costume. They are on a Q1 visa.

They aren’t ignoring anyone, they are two very distinct groups of participants, who rarely overlap in any capacity, even when being from the same country.

Wait, the Riviera has cultural representatives? That's hilarious.

It is very French/Italian and not at all generic mid-level American hotel, though, so I guess I get it.

Last edited:

esskay

Great that cultural reps are back from this month. Chatting with Cast Members around the World Showcase about their culture was great. It'll also hopefully free up extra staff that've been filling those roles so that more stuff can be reinstated.

Lilofan

Cultural Exchange is basically an international version of the college program. These participants are eligible to come work in the US because it is part of their college degree path. They come for 2-3 months and can work in any role in any location. They are on a J1 visa.

Cultural Representative Program is a one year program that is not linked through schooling and these participants can only work in a role representing their country and are only allowed to wear their national costume. So they are basically limited to working in their country’s pavilion (or DAK, DAK Lodge -Asia/Africa, or the Riviera- France/Italy). Sometimes cultural reps will be used as audience control in different parts of EPCOT but they must always be wearing their country’s costume. They are on a Q1 visa.

They aren’t ignoring anyone, they are two very distinct groups of participants, who rarely overlap in any capacity, even when being from the same country.
Knew a few that had had a great time in their program. Some did not return to their country and they are working in restaurants in Kissimmee.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Knew a few that had had a great time in their program. Some did not return to their country and they are working in restaurants in Kissimmee.
Hope they are doing that legally as part of the Q1 visa states you MUST leave the US at the end of your visa.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Ladies and gentlemen, we're back.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that these cast members were the biggest loss of COVID for me.
They really bring the Lodge to a whole other level.
Maybe Morocco is next, granted not many needed with no shops or dining
there’s currently an internal casting call for domestic cast from Morocco to transfer to food and merchandise roles in the pavilion, I think they’re holding off on cultural reps there until they figure out what to do with the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom