News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

nickys

Premium Member
Very True! šŸ’Æ

BTW the view of Swan Reserve between Swan and Dolphin I rather they called it Cove because nothing Swan about it except oh price range it's even higher. To me Swan Reserve is like being the Aventura of of Disney.
The name has always made me laugh.

In the UK the word reserve means substitute. ā€œThe manager named the team and also named two travelling reservesā€.

So the name Swan Reserve implies itā€™s the backup option when the Swan is full! Probably not the best image they want to give. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I realise itā€™s being used to imply a more exclusive option. The language barrier still exists though, and first impressions count.

nicb88

Based on the recent concept art, it looks like the former shoreline pathway from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian (and then to the park) will not be restored.

I'd like to assume they will at least build a pathway on the Floridian Drive side of the Hampton Inn so people can again walk between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, but honestly, who knows if they will even bother.
I canā€™t comment on what plans may have evolved into, but IIRC the blueprint/plans did have a walkway in front of the building, but it was literally building-walkway-shoreline with no other land in between. I think further towards the Wedding Pavilion the plans also showed an expanded shoreline to accommodate the walkwayā€¦

Addendum - the plan:

IMG_0586.jpeg

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member

RKpb

View attachment 627156

This building design looks so out of place when shown next to the other buildings. It really looks something like a hotel you would see in California wine valley, not a Polynesian resort building; placing the wood cross hatch railings just doesn't cut it.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Standard duo studios are about 2-3 points/night more than Riviera duo, and it goes up from there.

Preferred *duo* studio chart is virtually identical to Fort Wilderness Cabins chart. Interesting to see where Disney's smallest and cheapest one bedroom equivalent (minus laundry) is priced against a smaller Poly studio. People interested in often staying at Fort Wilderness may do well with a guaranteed week in a Poly duo and then canceling the guaranteed week and using the points to book a cabin. It'd save a good bit of money on annual fees, and if ever not using points in a year the guaranteed week in a high demand period renting a Poly duo would likely make more money than a cabin.

Duo studios have a PM category in addition to standard and preferred. Bigger rooms have a TP theme park view that is not listed as a duo view. PM is priced highest like TP. Whatever PM means it's priced the same as a bigger preferred studio, which seems crazy.

Lake view has been removed as a category, and Moorea lake view rooms appear categorized as preferred, for now.

Bocabear

Bay Lake Tower rooms really are a stealā€¦
You said it out loud...now they are going to correct that....darn it... It was like the Cookie ice cream sandwich at the main street bakery...best deal in the park....then someone wrote about what a good deal it was and shortly aftrerwrds the price went way up...

ToTBellHop

You said it out loud...now they are going to correct that....darn it... It was like the Cookie ice cream sandwich at the main street bakery...best deal in the park....then someone wrote about what a good deal it was and shortly aftrerwrds the price went way up...
They canā€™t. The total number of points is fixed, so the worst they can do is shuffle the points around a bit. They canā€™t get anywhere near the Poly or VGF levels.

Between this, the Cabins, the Contemporary retheme, and the Riviera, is this the worst era in hotel/DVC construction in Disneyā€™s history?
I donā€™t get the hate for riviera. Agreed with cabins and contemporary retheme to me does not impact the overall resort. But riviera has beautiful grounds, beautiful rooms, skyliner, great food options and itā€™s not a sprawling resort with 5 internal bus stops like old key west or Saratoga. It feels like a true resort/getaway for me.

trainplane3

Bay Lake Tower rooms really are a stealā€¦
And it's very, very easy to get into. Main reason why we dumped our contract in it and bought into Boardwalk. We still stay at BLT because of cheap points and ease of booking even without owning it.

I donā€™t get the hate for riviera. Agreed with cabins and contemporary retheme to me does not impact the overall resort. But riviera has beautiful grounds, beautiful rooms, skyliner, great food options and itā€™s not a sprawling resort with 5 internal bus stops like old key west or Saratoga. It feels like a true resort/getaway for me.
A DVC rep asked if I was interested in a tour and I said no. When asked why I said it's a gray box with the least interesting rooms on property and bad point value compared to WL and BW. Their response? "Ya, it's very Ikea-esque. I don't blame you when you have those". I was surprised by the response too.

Also I think the points are locked to Riviera too so you can't move them around and resale limits.

The grounds are nice enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom