News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

nickys

Premium Member
Very True! 💯

BTW the view of Swan Reserve between Swan and Dolphin I rather they called it Cove because nothing Swan about it except oh price range it's even higher. To me Swan Reserve is like being the Aventura of of Disney.
The name has always made me laugh.

In the UK the word reserve means substitute. “The manager named the team and also named two travelling reserves”.

So the name Swan Reserve implies it’s the backup option when the Swan is full! Probably not the best image they want to give. 😂😂

I realise it’s being used to imply a more exclusive option. The language barrier still exists though, and first impressions count.

nicb88

Based on the recent concept art, it looks like the former shoreline pathway from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian (and then to the park) will not be restored.

I'd like to assume they will at least build a pathway on the Floridian Drive side of the Hampton Inn so people can again walk between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, but honestly, who knows if they will even bother.
I can’t comment on what plans may have evolved into, but IIRC the blueprint/plans did have a walkway in front of the building, but it was literally building-walkway-shoreline with no other land in between. I think further towards the Wedding Pavilion the plans also showed an expanded shoreline to accommodate the walkway…

Addendum - the plan:

IMG_0586.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom