News Disney assists with the release of Plantaina the manatee from The Seas with Nemo and Friends at EPCOT to Blue Spring State Park

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Stupido

It’s so sad. Manatees are having a big problem in Florida. My friend is an eco activist down in Florida, and she’s always posting about the declining numbers, and how many are washing up on shore. Glad to see Disney trying to do something about this, but these manatees need a lot of help. :(

celluloid

If not for Sea World, Disney and Lowry Park Zoo among the agents for MMPA, The Florida Manatee would sadly be gone forever. I am thankful they all work hard. Cincinnati Zoo is even doing great education programs about Manatees now. Their numbers are not great but not as dire as they once were. I am hoping the negative trend does not continue.

As bad as boat wakes and propellers with them are, entanglement is a really nasty issue. Please dispose of monofilament as much as you can while fishing.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If not for Sea World, Disney and Lowry Park Zoo among the agents for MMPA, The Florida Manatee would sadly be gone forever. I am thankful they all work hard. Cincinnati Zoo is even doing great education programs about Manatees now. Their numbers are not great but not as dire as they once were. I am hoping the negative trend does not continue.

As bad as boat wakes and propellers with them are, entanglement is a really nasty issue. Please dispose of monofilament as much as you can while fishing.
Agreed, although the run off issue is also a major concern. With their food source being depleted, these kind creatures numbers will continue to decline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom