News Early close for Test Track Feb 2 2022

Gillyanne

Back to closing early again today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-102412.png
    Screenshot_20220209-102412.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 90

OG Runner

I don't quite understand the longing for the bygone era of World of Motion and Horizons. Both were fine rides
and they both had good messages, but mostly they were a smaller version of Spaceship Earth, just more centered
on transportation and habitation than communication. They were both slow, slow, slow rides and you were hard
put to find something exciting in the whole presentation. On the other hand, I also preferred the original Test
Track. Each section has a purpose and a bunch of neon lights does not add to the ride at all. It also had a more
fun back story, in which we were the crash test dummies.

JoeCamel

I don't quite understand the longing for the bygone era of World of Motion and Horizons. Both were fine rides
and they both had good messages, but mostly they were a smaller version of Spaceship Earth, just more centered
on transportation and habitation than communication. They were both slow, slow, slow rides and you were hard
put to find something exciting in the whole presentation. On the other hand, I also preferred the original Test
Track. Each section has a purpose and a bunch of neon lights does not add to the ride at all. It also had a more
Each one was a version of edutainment for different aspects of our lives, very much segmented into where great advances had been made, Spaceship earth set the scene with the history and how we got to where we are then you went to the land, sea etc. to learn about what may be coming in the future and more importantly why it would be happening. Very much a past, present, future when taken as a whole. Then you travel out around the world armed with knowledge of how your world is playing out.
Couldn't be done today with the internet, we are no longer empty vessels.

OG Runner

Each one was a version of edutainment for different aspects of our lives, very much segmented into where great advances had been made, Spaceship earth set the scene with the history and how we got to where we are then you went to the land, sea etc. to learn about what may be coming in the future and more importantly why it would be happening. Very much a past, present, future when taken as a whole. Then you travel out around the world armed with knowledge of how your world is playing out.
Couldn't be done today with the internet, we are no longer empty vessels.

Very poetic and well put. ⭐

Casper Gutman

This is like saying, “I don’t know why you’d ever want to see another movie. They’re all the same, just light projected on a screen while sounds play.”

The tone of the original EPCOT rides varied widely. WoM was a comedy, with tremendous wit in its characters design and scene layout. Spaceship Earth, in contrast, is a drama.

If you want fast rides, any local Six Flags will have better coasters then WDW can ever muster.

TT is a fun but lackluster ride, a car running on tracks in a mostly-empty warehouse, all with no meaningful narrative. It benefits from sitting next to one of the worst rides ever built, however.

EeyoreFan#24

I’m guessing this is the result of a major project that either can be done all at once in a refurb or done in phases, but the individual tasks just needs a little longer than an overnight window. Thinking it’s tlc for future reliability, not a issue of something that keeps breaking.

OG Runner

This is like saying, “I don’t know why you’d ever want to see another movie. They’re all the same, just light projected on a screen while sounds play.”

The tone of the original EPCOT rides varied widely. WoM was a comedy, with tremendous wit in its characters design and scene layout. Spaceship Earth, in contrast, is a drama.

If you want fast rides, any local Six Flags will have better coasters then WDW can ever muster.

TT is a fun but lackluster ride, a car running on tracks in a mostly-empty warehouse, all with no meaningful narrative. It benefits from sitting next to one of the worst rides ever built, however.

No it is not like saying that. Really not anything like saying that. If that is what you understood try again.
I understand the original tone of EPCOT. I was there and rode all of these rides. Though each ride, World of
Motion, Horizons and Spaceship Earth had different themes they were very much the same ride concept.
I said nothing about wanting fast rides. So you know what you can do with the Six Flags comment.
I also mentioned I enjoyed the first iteration of Test Track better. It stated, as you went through each section
why you were there and what was being tested.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At the risk of taking this thread grossly off-topic, you can't possibly be referring to Mission:Space!?!?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’m guessing this is the result of a major project that either can be done all at once in a refurb or done in phases, but the individual tasks just needs a little longer than an overnight window. Thinking it’s tlc for future reliability, not a issue of something that keeps breaking.
I think they're surreptitiously filling in a sinkhole that secretly threatens to bring down most of Futureworld... er, sorry, Epcot Discovery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom