News New Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse themed strollers coming to the Walt Disney World theme parks

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I just think that anyone with kids should be thankful that Disney allows you to bring your own stroller into the parks. Wait until they require you to rent one of theirs. Complaining about Disney character themed strollers just seems kinda silly to me, since they appear to be exactly the same as the current ones, just with characters.

ImperfectPixie

I just think that anyone with kids should be thankful that Disney allows you to bring your own stroller into the parks. Wait until they require you to rent one of theirs. Complaining about Disney character themed strollers just seems kinda silly to me, since they appear to be exactly the same as the current ones, just with characters.
I think they're adorable...I just know that kids beat the hell out of stroller canopies (especially mesh ones - which these seem like they might be from the photos).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think they could provide enough to to do that. The staffing and storage requirements would be cost prohibitive I think.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ahhhh. That's what I was missing. I didn't know the old ones had mesh, too.
Here are the old ones
Stroller-Rental_Full_46033.jpg

Tom Morrow

Okay, I don't have kids but complaining about Disney-themed strollers in a Disney theme park? Seriously? Move on, people.

Some of you are going to keep sayin this until we're literally never not looking at a character while at WDW.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: for the vast majority of WDW's lifespan, it was never about being constantly bombarded with characters and branding. That's why it was good. It worked, and it wasn't tacky and didn't feel like a corporation asking you to pay money to market more stuff to you.

Let's dive a little deeper: slapping a character on something is the easiest, laziest way to "spice" it up.

You want themed strollers? Why not theme them by park? Magic Kingdom strollers could be themed like a royal stagecoach. Hollywood Studios could have, like, Hollywood theming? Or if it has to be branding, Toy Story or Star Wars themed? Animal Kingdom strollers could be little safari trucks. I get that these things have to be cheap, durable, and functional first and foremost and you're mainly limited to the fabric print and color of the plastic. But some more creative patterns would go a long way rather than just slapping characters on them.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some of you are going to keep sayin this until we're literally never not looking at a character while at WDW.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: for the vast majority of WDW's lifespan, it was never about being constantly bombarded with characters and branding. That's why it was good. It worked, and it wasn't tacky and didn't feel like a corporation asking you to pay money to market more stuff to you.

Let's dive a little deeper: slapping a character on something is the easiest, laziest way to "spice" it up.

You want themed strollers? Why not theme them by park? Magic Kingdom strollers could be themed like a royal stagecoach. Hollywood Studios could have, like, Hollywood theming? Or if it has to be branding, Toy Story or Star Wars themed? Animal Kingdom strollers could be little safari trucks. I get that these things have to be cheap, durable, and functional first and foremost and you're mainly limited to the fabric print and color of the plastic. But some more creative patterns would go a long way rather than just slapping characters on them.
You're just a complainer. ;)

And spot on, BTW. The Bob era has been highlighted by being as subtle as a jackhammer, and hammering square pegs into round holes, and this is just the latest example (Yes, it's minor, but it's indicative of a larger problem within the company). And all of it has been thoroughly eaten up and defended by the pixie dust crowd. To whom I say - Think deeper. Do better.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The bottom line is - You don't need to be reminded every 6 seconds that you're at WDW. You're there - You kinda should know that already. But the people in charge are idiots and think the consumers are stupid, so they mistakenly believe that the rubes need constant reminders of where there are. This is just another example of some over-paid managerial schmuck feeling the need to hit guests over the head with the fact that they're "at Disney!!!" so they can justify their continued employment. "See, boss? Synergy!! It was my idea!!!"

JohnD

So, you complain that stuff gets characters "slapped" on but you're okay with Toy Story or Star Wars characters "slapped" on because of "branding". But Mickey and Minnie are not okay because, we all know, they're not Disney brands. Right.

Tom Morrow

So, you complain that stuff gets characters "slapped" on but you're okay with Toy Story or Star Wars characters "slapped" on because of "branding". But Mickey and Minnie are not okay because, we all know, they're not Disney brands. Right.
I was thinking more along the lines of a “toy” vehicle (“made out of” Tinker Toys or something) or a Star Wars themed transport vehicle. Not just slapping Woody or BB-8 on it.

The difference between theming and branding, basically.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Strollers are such a huge problem at the parks (well, capacity is the problem, but seas of parked strollers blocking paths and ruining aesthetics is a very visible symptom). It’s shameful Disney hasn’t come up with a solution - big backstage stroller parking lots at strategic points, perhaps - or something more clever.

disneyC97

I thought for awhile there were marginal differences in design between the four parks (i.e. minor “theme”/design) but I try not to look at strollers 😁😂

Tom Morrow

I thought for awhile there were marginal differences in design between the four parks (i.e. minor “theme”/design) but I try not to look at strollers 😁😂
I’m not sure but I think DAK still has brown strollers? At one point Epcot had purple ones. I think MK and DHS always had blue.

The buses went from having classy paint jobs to having characters slapped on them so they can be tacky, rolling billboards

Fixed that for you.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Fixed that for you.
I feel like you're just observing a natural trend that's come about as a result of changing "tastes" when it comes to the appearance of transportation due to wider availability of technology, tools, and materials necessary to quickly create and install large vinyl wraps. Public transport in major cities also used to be more classically decorated with smaller interchangeable billboards affixed to them. I too find the older style of transport classier, but wraps are the popular way of making things look custom now. That's all there is to it.

ImperfectPixie

I feel like you're just observing a natural trend that's come about as a result of changing "tastes" when it comes to the appearance of transportation due to wider availability of technology, tools, and materials necessary to quickly create and install large vinyl wraps. Public transport in major cities also used to be more classically decorated with smaller interchangeable billboards affixed to them. I too find the older style of transport classier, but wraps are the popular way of making things look custom now. That's all there is to it.
Hand-painted lettering and graphics are a class above and still in widespread use in some segments. It's very unfortunate that most just aren't willing to invest in artistry the way they used to..."new" and "cheap" doesn't always translate to "better".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom