Trip Report A Day in the SEA – October 16th 2019

Okay, so I just finished a trip report (found here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...t-of-school-first-december-visit-2021.975504/ ), and I’m kinda itching to write another, plus I was asked by a couple of you to write this one as well. I always enjoy writing these, cause I can always come back to read about the memories made.

Anyway….

This is a report about a single day in Tokyo DisneySEA in October 2019. A unplanned day in this beautiful park, in the heart of a beautiful country and city. Surrounded by some of the most polite and courteous people I have ever encountered in my 40 years on earth. Tokyo/Japan had been a dream destination for my oldest, Lorelai, since she was 8 years old. Well pieces fell into place in early 2019, and we booked a father/daughter trip for October 2019. This would be her first international trip, and first ever flight, so it was a huge trip in her eyes. It was huge for me as well, as I had never been to Japan, and it had been awhile since I had been on a long haul flight. I’m one of those odd people that enjoy them….

As I mentioned, this was an unplanned park day. As we drove to Chicago to catch our flight to Tokyo, Japan was being hit by Typhoon Hagabis. We had no idea what we might run into when we arrived, but we knew we would be in Japan. Our arrival was right around 8:30 PM on a Sunday, and it looked like they had received a ton of rain. Thankfully no real damage to be seen. We had plans to visit the Chureito Pagoda during this trip, however the main train line that would get us there was washed out by the storm. So during dinner that Monday evening the decision was made to visit Tokyo DisneySEA on Wednesday that week. Tuesday we were near the Disney Store in Shibuya, so the decision was to purchase tickets at the store, to avoid purchasing at the gate. Now here was the big shocker to us. Tickets to get into one park was $76 per person! SEVENTY SIX DOLLARS! Honestly saying that now after visiting WDW last month, still makes my jaw drop. Speaking of WDW, what Lorelai and I spent for 8 days in Japan wouldn’t even cover the cost of a family of 4’s tickets for 4 park hoppers in WDW. Anyway tickets purchased, Ramen in our bellies, we went to bed a little early that night excited for a day in the park the next day.

We woke up early that Wednesday morning, and we knew we had a bit of a trip to get to the parks. Tokyo’s public transportation is unlike any other that I have experienced in my life, but it was still going to be an hour ride. Also, have you seen those viral videos where they are cramming people onto trains in Japan? Yep, that is usually during rush hours, and the day before we got caught up in that. So today we were going to wait until a little later in the morning to avoid this. Our AirBNB was near Shin Egota Park, and hour North West of the parks by train. We left our AirBNB around 9 AM, grabbed breakfast at the Family Mart (mmmm convenience store food **research it**) and off to our home station. Within 40 minutes we were at our transfer station, Tsukishima, where I would witness something unheard of in America. Here we are in a station waiting for our transfer, it’s the tail end of rush hour, and a child on her way to school pops out of the train and off to her destination. She was on her own, doing her thing. Not a common thing in our world. However I wouldn’t hesitate to allow my kids to do it, Japan is that safe. Two years out from this trip, and I am still over the moon on how safe Japan was. Also the respect shown to others around them, which I will touch on later, blew me away. Quite the difference to what America is these days……

Video Link \/

Anyway we reached DisneySEA around 10:30 that morning. The park had been opened around and hour and a half, but we were not concerned about that. We knew looking the night before that Journey was down, and that Big Band Beat might be something we wouldn’t be able to experience as it’s a lottery. Now the Monorail in Tokyo you have to pay for. I was okay with that, I forget the price, but it was worth it to me. We popped on, and headed around the resort to the entrance to DisneySEA.

q8DLI89.jpg

H1w28py.jpg

The views riding the monorail was well worth it, and I treated it as our first attraction of the day. The station was very close to turn styles, and a short walk we were within DisneySEA. What a different experience this was. First you see the Aquasphere, and for us we saw 6 women dressed as princesses. At first I thought it was a meet and greet, as there was a few people gathered around them, but found out it was just park fans cosplaying. This was something we would experience throughout the day, and it was quite enjoyable to see all of the wonderful costumes.

XpfDOlm.jpg

TlLtrpG.jpg

We headed towards the Passaggio Miracosta, and I was extremely excited to see Mount Prometheus for the first time. It was not a disappointment!

Video Link \/

M1YKCQE.jpg

So at that point we are in the park, but you will have to wait to see what happens next. Mainly cause my lunch hour is over, and I have a deadline to meet. 😊

tehSAC

Original Poster
I left off with us just entering the park. If you noticed in the video above, you see quite a few people sitting on the ground. This is typical during a parade. Guests will sit on the ground to allow everyone to be able to see the passing floats. I didn’t see anyone fighting with each other, everyone gave people room, etc. Again, the culture blew me away.

So Lorelai and I made our way towards Toy Story Mania, knowing this might be the biggest wait of the day outside of Soaring: Fantastic Flight. We passed over the canal and made our way into the American Waterfront area of the park. Within this land was TSM and Tower of Terror. We would be skipping Tower this trip, as I don’t care for the attraction. However the details in this land were fantastic! I loved all of the little details in store fronts, to the architecture. When people say this is the best Disney park, they are not wrong. Detail wise there is no park that comes close in my honest opinion. We grabbed a fastpass for TSM for later in the afternoon, and then headed off towards Mount Prometheus, and our first attraction of the day. On the way, we passed our first popcorn cart of the day, and grabbed our first flavor, caramel.

RpuQuwj.jpg

DGHEwx9.jpg

jXxEbUt.jpg

or8zZ0c.jpg

AGDlk2w.jpg

Cr8FOVN.jpg

Okay….. The theming in Mysterious Island was amazing. Steampunk puked all inside this mountain, and I wasn’t upset at all. Plus come on, there is the Nautilus! Seriously I could walk up and touch it. I was blown away with this park, and I had only been inside it for 45 minutes or so. We walked around this area a bit and I came across the Gyoza Dog. Yep, I had to have this, as I had heard a lot about it. The outside is the pillowy soft gyoza bun, and inside was a perfectly seasoned sausage. We had Gyoza and Steamed Buns earlier this week in Tokyo, but this was the best of the trip. The goal was to make it back before the end of the day, but I’m sad to report, we came back and they were sold out for the day. So if you ever go, get one of these early in the day! Oh and the line was longer than some of the attraction lines during the day.

Lorelai and I made it over to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea next, and it was pretty much a walk on. Overall it was a fun ride, and much more roomy than the old 20,000 leagues in Magic Kingdom. I wouldn’t have wanted to wait longer than we waited for this ride. After this attraction we walked around the area a bit longer to take in different views and take in all the details. Within this area there is only a couple ways to get in and out of the area, and we did not realize this at first. We wanted to head towards Soaring Fantastic Flight, but we were so turned around we couldn’t figure it out. Later in the day we figured it out, but at this time it was like our brains hopped into the Mediterranean Harbor for a swim. We messed around the Fortress and Renaissance before heading back into Mysterious Island to make our way towards the Arabian Coast.

First we had to stop for a quick was of the hands. 😊

aRAPiew.jpg

Walking towards the Arabian Coast, we could see across the water to Mermaid Lagoon. We would head over and check this out later in the day. However we had to hit our next popcorn cart of the day. This one was just Salt flavored, but it was still very interesting. Mainly because it did not taste like there was any butter. It was just plain popcorn with salt. We walked and ate our popcorn as we made the short walk to the Arabian coast. We were greeted with another cart, with a new flavor but we passed for the moment. We also saw the Genie walking through the area, and meeting with guests.

35uObTd.jpg

After that we headed into the land. We will touch on that within the next post. Until then have a great one!

tehSAC

Original Poster
Following! Couldn't help but notice the hidden Mickey with the hand soap.

Actually, that is the way the soap dispenses. They now have pumps that replicate that in WDW for sale, but at the time this was awesome to us!

Oh this is a fun treat, so glad you decided to share this day with us!
Going here is one of my life goals!

Glad you are following along! The first chance you can get, GO! Skip a WDW trip one year and do this. Honestly its so much cheaper of a trip and you get to see a new country!

tehSAC

Original Poster
Good Morning Party People!

Arabian Coast…. Hmm so many positive things to say about this area of the park. Again the theming is out of this world. When I walk into a themed land, I want to feel like I’ve fallen into a movie. Does that make any sense? Anyway the architecture made you feel like you were in Aladdin instead of being in the Morocco pavilion at EPCOT. It wasn’t cartoonish, it just had a different feel, and that is not a bad thing. I love the details in Morocco, but this was so much more alive. The fountains, mosaics, colors, music, etc transported you into another world. Honestly each land in this park did that, but to us Arabian Coast did it the best and our favorite.

Okay enough gushing of the land.

Lorelai earlier in the year she performed in a theater production of Aladdin, so she was very excited about this land and experiencing the attractions. Within the land there are 4 attractions, 3 rides and one show. Our goal was to experience them all. First up was the two story Caravan Carousel. Outside of it being themed in a beautiful domed area, two stories, and the addition of rideable Genie’s on the carousel, it was a pretty basic ride. It was beautiful (take a look on google maps), and we enjoyed a ride around. Lorelai of course chose to ride the Genie!

kKejL7e.jpg

wXDDPQn.jpg

We ended up strolling around the land a bit, before deciding to grab some more popcorn. We figured we could grab a new flavor, walk around a little more, and then experience the show at The Magic Lamp Theater. Now I must note this for those that don’t know a normal Japanese do and don’t but ignored in the parks. It’s a big faux pas in Japanese culture to walk while eating and drinking. Lorelai and I loved grabbing food at the convenience store (7-11, Family Mart, Lawson) and then finding a spot to people watch and enjoy our meal. Now you are probably thinking, “food from 7-11?!” Okay I was that way too, but the convenience store food is top notch. Look up Mikey Chen eating at 7-11 in Tokyo on Youtube, and you will see what I mean. Okay went on a long tangent there, sorry drooling thinking about the food….. Anyway in the parks, it’s kinda like it is here back in America. Grab your food, walk and eat. Snacking on flavored popcorn and enjoying all the details was a highlight of the day in the park. The next popcorn we would give a go at was Curry flavored. Curry was okay, Lorelai was not a huge fan. I like curry so it was an interesting popcorn flavor, she had a couple bites and passed on the rest.

Next up was the show at The Magic Lamp Theater. Earlier in the day we had rode 20,000 Leagues, and it was all in Japanese. We were hopeful that some of this was going to have some English in it. Welp, nope not a lick. Very hard to understand what was going on, but we sat back and tried to enjoy it. I just felt so out of place, and was praying to the gods above they wouldn’t pull one of us gaijin out of the audience. After the show we took a stroll through the Bazaar towards Sinbad’s Storybook Adventure. First though, Lorelai noticed a line for churros, and she hopped in line for one. They had a regular and chocolate churros, and she chose chocolate. It was not bad, but I’m not really a churro type of person.

Sinbad was a walk on, and seemed to be the entire time we were there. That was fine with us, because it became an instant favorite of ours! Basically this attraction is a boat ride like Small World, but has a story to it. It’s of course all in Japanese, and the first go through I was thinking is going on here? LOL We looked up the story after the first ride and would understand it better the next time we rode it. First though, our initial ride though hooked us both. The animatronics, music, Chandu, and the smells made this an instant classic in our eyes. I would go back to DisneySEA just to ride this over and over, I enjoyed it that much. I will not spoil it all for those that want to experience it someday, but there is a scene where its full of bananas and the smell was so fantastic! Pirates has a similar smell, but no where as close as this banana smell. I need a candle or a spray for my home!

ugBMgK7.jpg

qwX3G43.jpg

mJdyGFo.jpg

1T7YZua.jpg

BjTTKBz.jpg

6qBeoN3.jpg

We finished our first go though and got back into the queue for another Adventure. After a second go around, we headed to the last attraction in the land, Jasmine’s Flying Carpets. This is pretty much spot on to Aladdin’s Magic Carpets in the Magic Kingdom. Just a different theme in a much better themed area. Not that I don’t like Adventureland, this one was in its own “world” if that makes sense.

At this point we are ready to head to a new land. Would we head towards Mermaid Lagoon, or the Lost River Delta? You will have to wait to see what happens next.

……..

tehSAC

Original Poster
It was around 1 ish in the afternoon, and we wanted to find a place to take a rest. We had not explored Mermaid Lagoon yet, so that’s where we headed next. Flounders coaster, and Scuttles Scooters both had long lines, and they really were not something high to do on our list. So we skipped these and headed into the indoor themed area of this land. It was huge!

pydWxap.jpg

This area was definitely catered to families with smaller kids, but was very cool to see. I could only imagine how busy it gets on a rainy day or a very warm day. We made our way towards the back of the building to Sebastian’s Calypso Kitchen, for a little break. We found a table, and I went up to the counter for a couple drinks and some fries. When I got back to the table, Lorelai was eating some smuggled Family Mart chicken. LOL I said “where did you get that?” Her response was, “remember when we grabbed breakfast on the way here, and I went back inside to use the restroom? Well I also bought some chicken and put it in my bag, in case I got hungry later.” I’m still laughing about that to this day. So we sat there and ate fries and smuggled chicken nuggets and discussed what we wanted to do the rest of the day. We had a fastpass for TSMM in a few hours, we wanted to see if we could get a FP for Indiana Jones and Soaring, and we also wanted to experience Aquatopia. On top of that we had a few other snacks we wanted to try. Don’t judge me, cause when in Rome…

After a 30 minute break we decided to do one attraction within this building, Jumpin Jellyfish. It was a kids ride, so not much to talk about here. We then did a little browsing in the shop, hit the restroom, and headed towards the exit. On our way out we stopped for two more treats we saw on the way in. First was the Sea Salt and Raspberry ice cream sandwich. It was encased in a cake cone type of shell that looked like a shell. Wow that sounds odd. Here is where I wished I took more photos of our treats. The other was a Mickey shaped popsicle. This was an orange flavored popsicle in the shape of Mickey’s head. If you have ever googled Tokyo Disney Resort treats, or viewed other reports, most likely you have seen what I am talking about. Both were very good snacks, but would have been better on a hot day. The Tokyo Disney resorts are right on Tokyo bay, and it was much colder than in the city. We under dressed for the day unfortunately, so we struggled with being a bit chilly all day.

It was around 2 when we left this area, and headed towards Indiana Jones. I was hoping we could get a fastpass for this attraction later this evening. On the way we stopped to take a look at Raging Spirits. Watched a few trains go through and decided again this was not for us. Beautfiully themed area, but we were too chicken to ride this one. Maybe next time…

oB4mmUp.jpg

We made it to the FP kiosk for Indiana Jones and easily got fastpasses for later that evening. This was only the second time visiting a Disney park where I actually aquired a paper fastpass. The only other time was in 2012 for Peter Pan in the MK. Funny enough, as it will be explained why later, I still have these fastpasses. They sit on my bulletin board with my paper ticket to the park, here in my office. Okay, back to the story. We decided to head back towards the Arabian Coast to the Harbor front of the park. We stopped to ride Sinbad again, yep we like it that much, and then into Casbah Food Court for a drink.

lGgKdV5.jpg

ODPOh8i.jpg

3Rtoo6C.jpg

When we finally made it to the Harbor area of the park, we saw a new popcorn cart near the queue for Soaring. As I waited for popcorn, Lorelai popped up to try and get a FP for Soaring. She came back with two passes for late that evening as I was getting our popcorn. We got VERY lucky, I mean VERY lucky getting the passes we got. From everything I have read it was almost impossible to do this unless the park was a slow day. Obviously it was a slow day, because we had accomplished this, but looking at the Soaring line it was a very busy day. 🤷 Anyway this popcorn flavor would end up being our favorite of the trip, Chinese Chili Popcorn. This was not too spicy, but it had a great little kick in the back of the throat.

DReg56e.jpg

waJ8sRB.jpg

94kfzh4.jpg

o4EQObC.jpg

VkMEozt.jpg

So we ate our popcorn, enjoyed a little break, and then decided to head to the front of the park to do a little souvenir shopping. The next post I will share a typical bump in the road that happens with our trips. Not to the extreme of the hiccup we had during our December trip last year, and if you read my last trip report you know what I mean. However this was quite the bump in the road in a country that doesn’t have many English speaking people.

Until then…..

amjt660

Premium Member
We were hopeful that some of this was going to have some English in it. Welp, nope not a lick.
I had a similar experience with the Little Mermaid show at TDS - all Japanese talking but at least I could sing along to the songs as they were in English
they wouldn’t pull one of us gaijin out of the audience.
As a fellow foreign visitor to Japan (gaijin) I appreciate the apprehension at that point of the trip

Enjoying the report

Max

tehSAC

Original Poster
Okay here it goes, something always goes upside down on one of my trips. From being scammed in Paris, and the scammers following me for blocks, to roaches in the car during our trip last month. Its always something and its usually in the back of my head of “okay when will it happen?”

So where I left off we were enjoying some popcorn and discussing where we would go shopping. The only thing I was carrying this day was my Canon camera, and Lorelai had a sling bag. We headed down to the main shops, browsing for t-shirts, a unique coin purse for Lorelai, and some gifts for family back home. No shirts in our size, and FYI there is not a lot of clothing for sale like we are used to in our US parks. BTW if anyone has a 2XL DisneySEA Shirt, could you hook me up? We criss-crossed all over the main entrance of the park, settled on a few things, and paid for our items. We headed out of the Villa Donaldo Home Shop going towards the SS Columbia to look for the Green Alien Mochi. Well half way there, I notice that I don’t have my camera. I ask Lorelai to hand it to me, and she says “you never gave it too me” Ummmm…. WHAT?!?! Okay panic sets in, not that its an expensive camera, but it has so many photos on it and I’m sick to my stomach that I’m going to lose them. So we come up with a plan, we are going to back track from where I last remember having it. Probably an hour or so ago when we were eating popcorn. So back up towards Soaring we head. We walk around a bit, and nothing is found. So off we go to the shops. I stop at each counter we purchased items and had to mime my way through asking if anyone had found a camera. A few times using my google translator to break the language barrier. Each time no luck. Last stop was back at Villa Donaldo, and the CM spoke a little broken English. She called lost and found, and directed me to head to their office near the turn styles. When I arrived, we were greeted by a CM outside the line to get into the building. I tried sharing details of the camera, before finally finding a photo of it online. She asked where I last remember having it, and she said she would be back in a few minutes.

That few minutes felt like hours. She came out a those few minutes later with a huge smile on her face. She says it has been found and that I needed to go to the Soaring entrance and a CM would return it to me. Oh man, was I relieved, but with the language barrier I was still a bit pessimistic. Lorelai and I made our way back, and she took a seat where we had been having popcorn earlier. I walked up to the CM’s and they smiled and mimed taking a photo of me. I used my google translator and asked if they had it. She spoke into my phone to translate back asking for me to describe my camera. A little back and forth and soon she brought it out to me. We turned it on, and I showed some photos of Lorelai and pointed to her. Also showed some selfies of us from earlier in the day to solidify it was my camera. She explained another guest had found it, and turned in to them. Not a CM, a guest of the park. Now tell me would you feel like that would happen here in the US? I’d like to say yes, but 90% of the time I’d never see that camera again.

So I was extremely relieved and somehow I wanted to repay it. However we went back towards our mission before we had our camera issue, Green Alien Mochi! On our way we stopped to watch the Gondolas, but did not see any. Not sure if they were closed for the day, or it was just too cold for anyone to want to do it. Soon we found the cart selling them, and of course I took a photo. Oh why didn’t I take more photos of our treats during the day?

CcMGAyH.jpg

Inside these were three different flavored custards. Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocolate. Our favorite was chocolate, but I enjoyed them all to be honest. Wasn’t the best mochi I’ve ever had, but it was kind of one of those things you just have to get in the Tokyo Disney parks. After that we redeemed our TSMM fastpasses. The wait was around 20 minutes, but standby was 110 minutes. Overall this was exactly the same ride we have in Orlando other than the language. Was really odd hearing Andy’s toys speaking in Japanese. As we left the attraction I saw a younger couple sitting in the Waterfront Park area. I showed them our fastpasses to Soaring and used my translator to ask if they had rode said attraction. Both shook their head no, so I handed them the passes. They were beyond ecstatic. I was happy to do that, kind of pretended that they were the two that found our camera and turned it in. 😊

5qI732t.jpg

Tokyo Harbor just beyond that sea wall.

We were off to Cape Cod next. I was looking for another treat I had seen TDRexplorer mention, and Lorelai was searching for another popcorn flavor.

Short post this time, but I still have a couple more to come.

amjt660

Premium Member
Great story about the camera!
Would expect nothing less in Japan

Very nice of you to give your FP away - I used to love doing that with the paper FP in WDW and DL

Still following and enjoying the TR!!

Max

tehSAC

Original Poster
I believe this will be the final post of this report.

Where I left off we were headed towards the Cape Cod area of the park. We have snacked all day, and I don’t apologize or feel shame with that, and I’m looking for another snack I want to try. This area of the park is exposed to Tokyo Bay, so the wind coming off the water chilled us to our bones. So sadly we did not spend a whole lot of time in this area. However we did see a little sun at this time of the day while we were eating our snacks. Speaking of….. Lorelai found a new popcorn cart, and picked up the Milk Chocolate popcorn to snack on. Basically it tasted like coco puffs, no other way to explain it. Wasn’t either of our favorites, but it wasn’t bad either. The other thing I was looking for was the Chicken Teriyaki Bun, which was a special halloween option for the season. It was a dark purple bun shaped like a life saver ring, with a teriyaki chicken filling. This was one of the most filling snacks of the day, and the most expensive. It was almost $6 bucks. Must have been the most expensive for the day, cause I have it in my notes. 🤷

dYEAN18.jpg

xoEjmXa.jpg

We headed into Port Discovery after our snacks to try and experience a couple other attractions on our list. First up was Aquatopia, which had a 20 minute wait. The wait was covered which was nice as it was drizzling a little. This was a trackless boat ride, if I can describe it in a way someone will understand. When I first saw it, I thought you were able to control the boats, but I was wrong. They almost look like bumper boats. It was okay, but not something I would put at the top of my list, or ride next time I am there. Its one of those one and done rides, but you should experience it if you have never been.

After that, we headed to the main attraction of this land, Nemo and Friends searider. This was a simulator ride, similar to star tours, but in a much bigger capacity. Almost felt like it was an entire theater. Just like the other attractions, this was in Japanese. I had to try and make sense of what was going to happen before the attraction, and during. However it was a cool experience and definitely something I would put high up on the re-ride list for us.

So besides a few rides, (child rides, fear, and refurbs) we have experienced most everything in this park. It was around 5, grabbed some more popcorn, and we sat and discussed what we wanted to do next. We picked up the Honey flavor near Aquatopia (at this point we had one more flavor we needed to try, Strawberry), and it was our 5th flavor of the day. So our fastpass for Indiana Jones was at 7:15 and park close was 9 PM, so we had time to kill. Lorelai mentioned she wanted to ride the boat around the park, and I said well lets find the queue and go for it! We crossed the bridge into the Lost River Delta, and towards Indiana Jones. Only to realize we could have taken the path out of Port Discovery to where we were headed. Doh :Homer Simpson: Oh well we eventually made our way to the queue for the DisneySEA Transit Steamer Line.

3TvpKxA.jpg

K0wGIZz.jpg

There were boats going to the left and to the right, and all were boarding and loading. So we were excited to head out and go around the park, through Mysterious Island, and back to the rear of the park. Oh man were we disappointed when the boat stopped at the American Waterfront. None of these boats circle the park, and man was that a bummer. However something we saw as we were docking is something we still laugh about to this day. We saw two guests doing a little cosplay near the docks. One was dressed as Rapunzel, and her friend was Pascal. Pascal was bouncing all around, and making all kinds of silly facial expressions. They were taking photos and having a good time. We don’t laugh at them for dressing up, just the silly expressions pascal was making.

utV857L.jpg

QuvZkDD.jpg

Oh well, we were placed back in the American Waterfront, so we headed back towards TSMM, and grabbed our final popcorn of the day, Strawberry. This was similar to the Milk Chocolate, in that it tasted like cereal. This one ranked the lowest in our popcorn tastings for the day. We realized at this time, we had not rode the Electric Railway. Perfect for two reason, one it was getting cold and I didn’t want to walk back through the waterfront, and our feet were starting to get tired. So off on the railway we went, and it was a nice and relaxing ride back to Port Discovery. By the it was starting to get darker out, and we had an hour to kill. We walked around in a few shops, checked out details of this land, and genuinely killed time until we could ride Indiana Jones.

Lorelai noticed however that the standby line looked to be pretty short, but nothing was posted outside of the queue that we could find. So we just jumped in line, and waited around 15 minutes. So I held onto those fastpasses as a souvenir as mentioned earlier in the report. Overall this was one of our favorite attractions of the day after Sinbad. I guess its pretty similar to the one in Disneyland, besides the language of course. As we exited it was completely dark outside, and I hopped into another line for one last treat. I saw a few people walking around with them and I thought they looked pretty good. It was the Sausage Roll at Expedition Eats. Unfortunately this was a pretty meh treat. The bread was too crusty, but the sausage was very tasty. Not something I would choose to purchase again.

We found ourselves back in the Arabian Coast, and Lorelai asked if we could do Sinbad once maybe two more times before we left. She said “we may never come back dad, lets do it again, the line is short.” You got it kid! Actually there wasn’t a single person in line, so we had a whole boat to ourselves. We hopped off, and jumped back in the queue again to have one last go. When we walked out it was a bittersweet moment. Part of me just wanted to soak it all up. The Arabian Coast was beautiful at night, and pretty quiet as well. We sat in at the fountain near the carousel, talked about the day, and made the difficult decision to leave early.

We felt leaving a bit early would help beat crowds and hopefully get us back to our AirBNB no later than 9 PM. This was a decision that we would find out to be the best. Most of the park guests had made their way to the front of the park for the night time show that evening. Now for those that have tried to make their way through the crowds waiting for fireworks/parades you know what kind of a hassle it can be. However in Japan it was a breeze. Everyone was polite, sitting on the pavement, and not encroaching on the pathways to exit the park. The respect everyone has for each other needs to rub off on Americans IMO.

With that, we made our way to the park exit, to the monorail, and then to the station to make our journey back across the city. Overall it was a great day, and an experience I won’t soon forget. If you ever make it to Tokyo, and have a day to visit one of the parks, definitely choose DisneySEA. The park is so unique, and the details are jaw dropping! Photos do not do this park justice. My only gripe is I couldn't find a shirt in my size. :( In a few years I plan to return to Tokyo with my youngest, and I believe we will spend the day in Disneyland. So maybe I’ll come back and report on that day after it happens. Until then, thanks for reading, stay safe, and take care!

BigDis

Thanks for sharing your TR with all of us. Great TR. Having never been to DisneySEA it was a learning and entertaining experience. Looking forward to your future TR in a few years!

tehSAC

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your TR with all of us. Great TR. Having never been to DisneySEA it was a learning and entertaining experience. Looking forward to your future TR in a few years!

Thank you. Happy to hear you enjoyed it.

cgersic

I agree - thank you for sharing this. It's a park I will probably never get to, so I appreciate reading trips reports about it!

tehSAC

Original Poster
Honestly Japan is more affordable than you think. Our AirBNB was a little out of the way but we only paid $300 for the week. Depending on when you go and if you dig you can find great deals.
Honestly a week trip to WDW would pay for a family of 4 to go there and still have money left over.

MickeyCB

I very much enjoyed your report and as I mentioned above, I would love to get up the courage to travel there.
I think I will bribe my kids (who are very willing to travel outside the US), with a trip to Japan. This would be on the condition that they make the travel arrangements and at a minimum 2 days will be at Disney! 🤣

tehSAC

Original Poster
I very much enjoyed your report and as I mentioned above, I would love to get up the courage to travel there.
I think I will bribe my kids (who are very willing to travel outside the US), with a trip to Japan. This would be on the condition that they make the travel arrangements and at a minimum 2 days will be at Disney! 🤣
I was a bit concerned when we first started planning. I learned a little bit of Japanese, scoured Reddit for tips, and added an international plan to our phones to make calls and use google maps. Honestly that last part was a lifesaver.
We also watched a ton of YouTube. Only In Japan, Cakes with Faces, Tokyo Lens, and Paolo in Tokyo are great dives into getting around the city and places to check out.

Oh and if you are a picky eater or think you couldn’t eat there, watch these videos.

He eats a ton, but these videos gave me the courage to go for it. We had so many great meals in Tokyo, it’s now one of my go to food types. It’s right up there with Mexican food for me.

MickeyCB

I was a bit concerned when we first started planning. I learned a little bit of Japanese, scoured Reddit for tips, and added an international plan to our phones to make calls and use google maps. Honestly that last part was a lifesaver.
We also watched a ton of YouTube. Only In Japan, Cakes with Faces, Tokyo Lens, and Paolo in Tokyo are great dives into getting around the city and places to check out.

Oh and if you are a picky eater or think you couldn’t eat there, watch these videos.

He eats a ton, but these videos gave me the courage to go for it. We had so many great meals in Tokyo, it’s now one of my go to food types. It’s right up there with Mexican food for me.

Thank you very much for the links, I will check them out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom