Coronado Springs Resort or Port Orleans French Quarter

WDWBE

Original Poster
Hello,

First of all I want to apologize if my American/English is not correct, but I’ll give it a try.

A question about these two resorts.

In May 2022 we stay at Coronado Springs, in a standard room, for 17 nights (we are from Europe 😉). But now we doubt about to change it to French Quarter. The last time we stayed at Coronado Springs was 2015. But now the rooms are renovated and look very good. (I like a glass wall near the shower instead of a curtain (POFQ)). We also stayed 2 times at Port Orleans Riverside (2013 and 2018), but never at POFQ. We don’t know what to do and which should be the best choice at the moment. What are at the moment (2022) the pros and cons CSR vs POFQ? What should be the best decision for a long stay at one resort?

Thank you very much! I’m looking forward to your reactions!

sullyinMT

Hello,

First of all I want to apologize if my American/English is not correct, but I’ll give it a try.

A question about these two resorts.

In May 2022 we stay at Coronado Springs, in a standard room, for 17 nights (we are from Europe 😉). But now we doubt about to change it to French Quarter. The last time we stayed at Coronado Springs was 2015. But now the rooms are renovated and look very good. (I like a glass wall near the shower instead of a curtain (POFQ)). We also stayed 2 times at Port Orleans Riverside (2013 and 2018), but never at POFQ. We don’t know what to do and which should be the best choice at the moment. What are at the moment (2022) the pros and cons CSR vs POFQ? What should be the best decision for a long stay at one resort?

Thank you very much! I’m looking forward to your reactions!
If you’re going to use the fitness facilities (are they open?), CSR. We stayed in a renovated room in October 2017, and it was wonderful. We haven’t been since the tower and new food additions, but those look very good. CSR involves a lot of walking, but offers a lot of you’re planning on being in your resort a significant amount of time.

POFQ is our favorite resort, but we rarely stay more than 9 nights. We love the small resort and readily look past the lack of amenities. Plus, POR is a short(and pretty) walk. The River boat transport to DS for sit-down meals and more entertainment/shopping is a big plus.

Minnesota disney fan

Hi:
BTW, your English is fine:)
We have stayed at both those resorts. I guess I would like to know how many people are in your group? That might make a difference.
We liked CS when we stayed there. We stayed in the Casitas bldg #3, and it was convenient to everything. I think that area is now preferred? We don't swim, so didn't do the pool, but it is supposed to be very nice. There was a little walk to things, but the atmosphere was beautiful and we didn't mind.
The last few times we have stayed at POFQ, mainly due to mobility issues, as it is smaller than other resorts. I am not a fan of Mardi Gras decor, but we liked the resort. However, we LOVE POR and we walked over there to eat and go to their resort store. Their resort store is great and has a wide variety of merchandise (or at least when we visited in 2019). We like the laid back atmosphere of POR and the tropical vibe of the AB area. Also, you can book a carriage ride which is a lot of fun.
I like them both, but prefer POR. However, the walking at POR is too much for us at this time.
I do know alot of people with disabilities stay at POFQ due to it's smaller size and one bus stop(actually 2 bus stops), But the bus stop can have delays due to the amount of people who use scooters for mobility issues.
I guess I don't have an answer for you. Either one is great IMO. Have a great time at WDW:)

NelleBelle

We've stayed both at CSR and POFQ. I give the bump to FQ just due to the fact that it's a smaller sized resort, guests generally get picked-up/dropped off first when using the bus (when/if sharing with RS). I find the food court WAY better at POFQ, hands down. You have the option of taking the boat to Disney Springs.

When we stayed at CSR, we were at the way back of the resort in one of the last haciendas. It took nearly 20+ minutes to walk to the main building for food. The pool was a good 10+ minute walk and the bus service was TERRIBLE (at least during our stay). I thought the resort itself was beautiful and loved the atmosphere and pool area (give the nod to CSR for their pool over POFQ). But I found the food totally awful in the quick-service location.

WDWBE

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your recommendations. We think about it again. French Quarter looks really nice and because we stay for a long time it is nice to have more dining options and pools when we not visit the parks and stay on property. Hopefully we can visit WDW in May 2022, because of Covid-19.

TrainsOfDisney

I’d vote for Port Orleans for a longer stay since you are closer to more dining options. You have the boats to Disney Springs (Coronado is a long bus ride from Disney Springs!) and you can walk down to Riverside and visit the food court and piano bar there.

I’ve stayed at both resorts, the theme is quite nice at both but I personally feel port Orleans is much more charming.

DfromATX

Hi, and welcome to our online Disney family! I have never stayed at POFQ, but I have stayed at Riverside and it was really nice. We like to try a different resort on each trip, so POFQ would be my choice. It seems to be very popular. We've stayed at Coronado and to be honest, I was not impressed with it, but that of course is just my opinion.

Skibum1970

We like POFQ it is a smaller resort has a nice pool and the bus service to the parks was great. Food court was reasonable;e price in 2019

Second this. I will admit that I've not stayed at Coronado but have stayed at both Riverside and French Quarter. Both remain favorites for us to say at. FQ is a little more compact but I love the ambiance of Riverside as well.

JIMINYCR

Best factors in deciding where to stay? I'd list first comfort of the rooms, amenities offered, resort features and guest satisfaction to resort. Theming and atmosphere that youd best enjoy. Overall resort crowd condition and how rooms are buffered from noisiness. Convenience of transportation to parks and other property sites youd be wanting to visit. On site food and shopping availability. There is also evening entertainment although PORS has a better entertainer in Yee Haa Bob.
With all that, we just love POFQ and highly recommend it to our friends. The only 2 downsides I have to POFQ is the food court is too small with limited choices, its much better at PORS but you can easily access it on the walking path or use the boat service. And there is only one hot tub for use which gets filled up quickly in the evening.
When we dont go Deluxe we go POFQ.

Greenlawler

I would honestly take Coronado based on dinning and rooms. But spending so many days I think you would prefer POFQ based on location and access to Disney Springs.

DfromATX

Liked the rooms and feel of CSR but room we had was far from lobby/food. Bus service was HORRIBLE! For that reason, POFQ hands down!

We had that same experience when we were there in 2018. It was the first time I ever encountered a grouchy cast member. She was the cashier at the Pepper Market and I saw her being that way to all the customers. We also had a cockroach in the bathroom. And yes, horrible bus service. We won't ever stay there again.

Diamond Dot

I've stayed at both Port Orleans resorts, I did prefer FQ because it is so compact, but Riverside is stunning and they are a short walk from each other so you have a great choice of places to eat.
I've resort hopped CS several times and it is beautiful, but, very spread out and I have to agree about the bus service not being the best.

WDW_Emily

We just did a split stay between Coronado and riverside. We loved Coronado as two adults. Our room was right next to the bus and one of the leisure pools! Food court was a walk but we normally ate at the parks instead. Port orleans wasn't bad but we didn't like the pool as much and the rooms felt smaller and not as clean, we could have just had a not so great experience though. Fresh quarter is smaller and quiet not a big water slide. I haven't stayed their since 2015 but when I did I loved it!

Snow Queen 83

Another bad thing about the 1 pool is the noise level. The lone pool now has a water play area and of course the much maligned trivia games with the cast members.

There is no quiet pools to escape the noise levels that emanate from the speakers. So you have to listen to cast members yell. "SO WHAT IS THE NAME OF WINNIE THE POOH'S HUMAN FRIEND?"

Raxel7851

POFQ is our Go To resort. Yes it’s small, but to us that is what makes it enjoyable. Although it does not have a sit down restaurant, it’s a short walk along the canal to POR where you can dine at Boatwrights. There is just one bus stop, which makes the bus trips great because the bus is not making multiple stops. The pontoon boats to Disney Springs are another huge plus. Parking has never been an issue. There’s always plenty of spots close to your assigned building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom