News 2022 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival

DfromATX

Flower and Garden Festival Garden Rocks Concert Series performer change​

That's pretty funny. Just last night my husband had 80's music playing (while he was putting together a pergola and I was 'supervising') and the one Flock of Seagulls song came on and I said "ya know, they play at F&G" like trying to impress him. Maybe I jinxed it!! LOL

tpoly88

This spread began over a decade ago when they decided it was okay to close Wonders of Life to use it for festivals because (gasp) it rains in Florida.

Just use an expansion pad in World Showcase to build one…that spot in front of Rat likely could house enough square footage and it would block Rat from view.
i guess there is no way to make body wars into something else or make an updated version. that pavilion seems such a waste now and feel they could do much more with it. does anyone know if that pavillion is being knocked down? i seem to remember someone saying the roof leaked and they had structure issues thats why they cant use it.

ToTBellHop

i guess there is no way to make body wars into something else or make an updated version. that pavilion seems such a waste now and feel they could do much more with it. does anyone know if that pavillion is being knocked down? i seem to remember someone saying the roof leaked and they had structure issues thats why they cant use it.
They literally used the Star Tours ride system to make a Marvel ride in Asia recently. Anything is possible.

Anteater

They literally used the Star Tours ride system to make a Marvel ride in Asia recently. Anything is possible.
Only issue with BW is they scavenged it for ST parts a while ago. Video I saw of BW were pits where the simulators used to be... But, yeah, that's the whole idea of using that ride system; it's easy enough to re-theme. There are scaled down versions in malls and carnivals now. So, it's not as "special" as it once was. But, I do love ST!

ToTBellHop

Only issue with BW is they scavenged it for ST parts a while ago. Video I saw of BW were pits where the simulators used to be... But, yeah, that's the whole idea of using that ride system; it's easy enough to re-theme. There are scaled down versions in malls and carnivals now. So, it's not as "special" as it once was. But, I do love ST!
Oh, I was assuming they would just build new simulators. Not that expensive anymore. You are correct that the old ones are unusable.

tpoly88

Oh, I was assuming they would just build new simulators. Not that expensive anymore. You are correct that the old ones are unusable.
Thanks I didn’t know that. Still a shame to have that whole pavilion mothballed. Pre covid it was used for learning events for F&W and F&G festivals. I know the idea is for the park to be ever changing (at least that was originally the vision) but the park seems unfinished and it’s not just the construction going. Was there the other day and the odyssey was closed ( should remove it for another country) and even walking around it seemed disjointed. Maybe I’m just being critical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom