Boatwright’s Dining Hall and Story Book Dining to reopen

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Boatwright’s Dining Hall, a hidden gem at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, will be serving up their Southern specialties for dinner starting Dec. 14. Reservations can be made beginning Dec. 2."

"Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho – it’s off to dinner we go! Yes, Story Book Dining at Artist Point, inspired by the Disney film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” will reopen Dec. 16 at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Reservations can be made beginning Dec. 2."

We love Edna Mode

We went to Story Book dining before it was closed, and had a wonderful time! Food and service were excellent. Interaction with the characters was fun and oh don’t forget the QUEEN. We still reminisce about that night and were disappointed the restaurant experience was not open on our most recent trip. Anyone with or without kids should try this dining experience!

COProgressFan

We went to Story Book dining before it was closed, and had a wonderful time! Food and service were excellent. Interaction with the characters was fun and oh don’t forget the QUEEN. We still reminisce about that night and were disappointed the restaurant experience was not open on our most recent trip. Anyone with or without kids should try this dining experience!

Admittedly, I was upset when they changed the format to character dining at Artist Point. But we were pleasantly surprised when we went pre-covid, before the closure. The food and service were actually very good, and the character interaction was great. It's definitely a more unique experience.

Hoping it stays that way and Bob doesn't shrink the Fred Flintstone size of the prime rib I got last time!

Waters Back Side

Storybook Dining was on our must do list pre-covid. I'm excited to hear it is reopening before the holiday season. This is one character meal I really wish they could come to the tables for hugs and photos and that the Evil Queen met separately. Otherwise $60 is not worth it.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Storybook Dining was on our most do list pre-covid. I'm excited to hest it is reopening before the holiday season. This is one character meal I really wish they could come to the tables for hugs and photos and that the Evil Queen met separately. Otherwise $60 is not worth it.
Wasn't it $55 or $60 pre-covid? Definitely not worth the same to me. Unless they are looking at how far they can push the price point without the previous interaction.

Waters Back Side

Wasn't it $55 or $60 pre-covid? Definitely not worth the same to me. Unless they are looking at how far they can push the price point without the previous interaction.

I believe it was $60. And I will say it was worth it then! It is a unique character dining experience with rare characters you cannot meet elsewhere (other than Snow White). But in my opinion, it is not the same with character sightings. Nor without the Queen meeting separately.

Sbk1234

Is Boatwright's only character dining now? I hope not, as this was one of my favorite places to eat at the resorts, and I often like just a quiet, peaceful dinner in a nice atmosphere, which is what Boatwright's offered. Admittedly, it's been a WHILE since I've been able to eat there. I think 2016.

Waters Back Side

Is Boatwright's only character dining now? I hope not, as this was one of my favorite places to eat at the resorts, and I often like just a quiet, peaceful dinner in a nice atmosphere, which is what Boatwright's offered. Admittedly, it's been a WHILE since I've been able to eat there. I think 2016.

Boatwright's is not character dining. It just so happens that is is opening at or around the same time as Storybook Dining at Artist Point.

crawale

We went the Fall before COVID and it was great. Loved the food, the theming and the characters. We took the boat to and from MK and got the bus from there.

crawale

Do we know they won't
Storybook Dining was on our must do list pre-covid. I'm excited to hear it is reopening before the holiday season. This is one character meal I really wish they could come to the tables for hugs and photos and that the Evil Queen met separately. Otherwise $60 is not worth it.
Do we know they won't come to the table? We loved that the Evil Queen was separate since that made it easier to take pictures.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Well. There goes my dream for an ACME Oyster House, Oceania, Muriel’s, or Tropical Isle tie-in. Cause nothing “screams” NOLA like Boatwrights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom