Is Feb 5 - 13 a good time to go to WDW?

JIMINYCR

Its not a bad time to go. You are ahead of the school vacations week and Presidents weekend so crowd levels will be the best youd find for the month. Temps can range from the 50s to the mid 70s. Or you can have an aberration and have some higher temps. We can start the day out in a t-shirt and shorts, but we bring jeans and sweatshirts to change into for evenings which can see a lowering of temps. Pools can be iffy for swimming depending on how you tolerate the colder air temps. Weve enjoyed our Feb trips, also going the first 2 weeks of Feb. A Feb trip breaks up the winter months and we get a burst of sun and warmth compared to whats being faced at home. There may be a cheerleader competition going on that takes place in Feb. 2022... I havent seen a schedule for whats planned yet.

Upvote 0

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I'm thinking about a trip for the week of February 5 - 13. Any insights if that 's a good or bad week to go? Thanks!

Its not a bad time to go. You are ahead of the school vacations week and Presidents weekend so crowd levels will be the best youd find for the month. Temps can range from the 50s to the mid 70s. Or you can have an aberration and have some higher temps. We can start the day out in a t-shirt and shorts, but we bring jeans and sweatshirts to change into for evenings which can see a lowering of temps. Pools can be iffy for swimming depending on how you tolerate the colder air temps. Weve enjoyed our Feb trips, also going the first 2 weeks of Feb. A Feb trip breaks up the winter months and we get a burst of sun and warmth compared to whats being faced at home. There may be a cheerleader competition going on that takes place in Feb. 2022... I havent seen a schedule for whats planned yet.
The National Dance Team Championship is Feb 4 - 6.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

How does that affect the parks/hotel situation?
Many families will plan to make the competitions an extended family vacation so they will book past the competition dates. The value hotels usually will see more bookings. Teams book in mass so they get group rates. The parks stay mostly the same during the day but get crowded more in the evenings when the competitions end and families head out to enjoy the parks together.

Upvote 0

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
How does that affect the parks/hotel situation?
Many families will plan to make the competitions an extended family vacation so they will book past the competition dates. The value hotels usually will see more bookings. Teams book in mass so they get group rates. The parks stay mostly the same during the day but get crowded more in the evenings when the competitions end and families head out to enjoy the parks together.
What @JIMINYCR said plus Disney Springs will be a zoo in the evenings.

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

Original Poster
What @JIMINYCR said plus Disney Springs will be a zoo in the evenings.
Yikes, thanks for the responses. Is there another week in Jan/Feb/March that would be less busy than Feb 5-13? Thanks for any advice.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Yikes, thanks for the responses. Is there another week in Jan/Feb/March that would be less busy than Feb 5-13? Thanks for any advice.
Well the week still would be good. Disney has various events going on pretty much every month, so youll run into crowd building things all the time. When weve gone during any of the competitions, the mornings will be good to get most things done and you will experience crowds building in the late afternoons/ evenings but not as bad as prime vacation or holiday times. I'd still recommend you stay with your early Feb. dates. Youll enjoy it.
Disney Springs which draws locals for their night time entertainment has been a zoo no matter what week you go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom