News Walt Disney World New Year's Eve 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
Finally, some videos from the Poly were posted.

5 total launches were used last night. 3 behind the MK (main plus 2 adjacent) and 2 in SSL (mirror main and only 1 adjacent, the left adjacent one was not used for some reason).

View attachment 610926
View attachment 610927

Here's hoping for a full 360 tonight.
Replying to myself...

The actual New Years Eve showing was pretty much the same setup, but the left adjacent launch in SSL was working when the previous night it wasn't.

6 total launches, 3 behind MK and 3 in SSL to mirror. Too bad it wasn't a full 360 tho..

Screenshot_20220102-141258_YouTube.jpg

Goofnut1980

I hate hate HATE the reservation system, however, NYE proved it works for limiting capacity. Lets keep it just for major holidays, K?

To play devil's advocate here, you didn't need the reservation system to limit capacity before. They hit a number and would stop entry. I just think the reservation system is a waste of time. I liked being able to get up in the morning and say, lets go to park x... instead of... ok, no matter what we have to go there... at least to check in before we can park hop to a park that you can't get a reservation for. It's just dumb.

mikejs78

Premium Member
To play devil's advocate here, you didn't need the reservation system to limit capacity before. They hit a number and would stop entry. I just think the reservation system is a waste of time. I liked being able to get up in the morning and say, lets go to park x... instead of... ok, no matter what we have to go there... at least to check in before we can park hop to a park that you can't get a reservation for. It's just dumb.
It's a lot easier to limit capacity up front than to turn people away.

UNCgolf

Is there anything stopping you from doing that now?

I know on the busiest days they've run out of park reservations, but once everything is running full bore again I can't imagine any of the parks will be out of reservations on the vast majority of days. You could just wake up and make a reservation for whichever park you decide you want to visit that morning. Or is there something preventing you from making day of park reservations? I haven't paid that much attention to the system so I could be missing something.

Regardless, the 2 PM park hopping is the real problem IMO; that's a gigantic deterrent to me making a trip to WDW anytime soon.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Happy New Years everyone!!!

I wish happiness to you all and that your dreams come true!

Epcot was fun tonight my daughter really enjoyed the silent dance party!
Silent dance party NYE brings back memories! Was it at Japan again? The China courtyard DJ techno music with the dragon shooting out real flames and heat above the dance floor made the place a hot place to get your groove on!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Is there anything stopping you from doing that now?

I know on the busiest days they've run out of park reservations, but once everything is running full bore again I can't imagine any of the parks will be out of reservations on the vast majority of days. You could just wake up and make a reservation for whichever park you decide you want to visit that morning. Or is there something preventing you from making day of park reservations? I haven't paid that much attention to the system so I could be missing something.

Regardless, the 2 PM park hopping is the real problem IMO; that's a gigantic deterrent to me making a trip to WDW anytime soon.
You can make park reservations on the day, subject to availability.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Silent dance party NYE brings back memories! Was it at Japan again? The China courtyard DJ techno music with the dragon shooting out real flames and heat above the dance floor mad the blaze a hot place to get your groove on!
it was in the UK this year

nickys

Premium Member
Except haven't we seen people with APs unable to make reservations, but reservations available for regular day guests? (Not during a black-out period?)
That would fall under the “subject to availability”. So there has to be availability for your ticket type.

culturenthrills

Went to MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st. MK was one of the slowest 30ths I've ever seen outside of I think 4 years ago when it was rainy and cold. I have never experienced Epcot that slow on NYE. I have been to Food and Wine Saturdays that were busier. It was one of the most enjoyable NYE I have ever had there. Likes the updated version of the NYE fireworks which integrated the Harmonious Barges video screens, lights and fountains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom