News Walt Disney World New Year's Eve 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
Still Stunning! Can't tell if it's 360...... Did see the SSL Launch an 2 Spots by the Castle........
I counted 6 total launch sites. The main one behind MK and its 2 adjacent ones (used in MWCF also).
Then the exact same setup mirror'd across (SSL).

Seems like some launch sites were cut/not used, like as we saw a few months ago in MWCF.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Here's a quick comparison of the finale from the last NYE countdown (2020) to tonight's. At first watch of tonight's show, I honestly thought some shells were cut back (eg the duration of the nonstop barrage at the end), but it is exactly the same! It's probably been a while so I don't remember it too well lol.

The only real differences are shell changes and diff pyro here and there.

Also, these globe balls that explode midway are also absent. They mostly provide extra "boom" sounds. HEA at one point utilized them a lot in its finale too.
Screenshot_20211231-001838_YouTube.jpg

wtyy21

For someone who think about utilizing of lasers and projection to countdown, it was actually not new for Disney Parks, but are now for the Magic Kingdom. For someone who watching TDL/TDS New Year's Eve Countdown, they utilized laser since at least late-1980s (TDL video were shot in NYE 1999-2000, while TDS were shot in 2008).

For Disneyland Paris, there is a video that have evidence. It were shot in NYE 2019-2020:

Countdown that seen at the Magic Kingdom were similar to those at TDL.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I counted 6 total launch sites. The main one behind MK and its 2 adjacent ones (used in MWCF also).
Then the exact same setup mirror'd across (SSL).

Seems like some launch sites were cut/not used, like as we saw a few months ago in MWCF.
It's weird, it looked 360 from RTV1 but not from the Contemp.???

Looking at Vids at the Castle, MK did do tiny Lights/Strobes during Second Star To The Right! Just like the Castle Dream Light Strobes Pre 50th/COVID, Well Done MK!!!

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

View attachment 610695

"It’s hard to believe 2021 is already coming to an end, and what a year it’s been! We know many of you at home can’t join us in-person for New Year’s Eve this year, but we didn’t want that to stand in the way of you ringing in the new year with some Disney magic. So we’re bringing our festive countdown fireworks straight to everyone with a LIVE broadcast of the New Year’s Eve “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks beginning Friday, Dec. 31 at 11:48 p.m., ET.

Our live stream of the spectacular “Fantasy in the Sky” at Magic Kingdom Park will feature a variety of breathtaking views of the festive fireworks. See the sky sparkle above Cinderella Castle to music from favorite Disney films and other fun tunes from popular attractions."

You couldn't pay me to be in the parks tonight, but I'll gladly watch this from home.

Disney Analyst

I actually don’t think this was even the 180 they would do.

Back when they would present Celebrate America starting July 1st, July 1st and 2nd would be a 180 experience, and then 3rd/4th the full 360.

Last night seems to be 3 launch sites castle side, and then lagoon launch.

I am curious if they will go full 360 tonight?

jrhwdw

I actually don’t think this was even the 180 they would do.

Back when they would present Celebrate America starting July 1st, July 1st and 2nd would be a 180 experience, and then 3rd/4th the full 360.

Last night seems to be 3 launch sites castle side, and then lagoon launch.

I am curious if they will go full 360 tonight?
It was 360 at 11:50 Both Nights Pre COVID/50th. I say 50th because IDK if Enchantment's New Launches changed some things??? Or the other ones had problems last night?

Trauma

Happy New Years everyone!!!

I wish happiness to you all and that your dreams come true!

Epcot was fun tonight my daughter really enjoyed the silent dance party!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom