News Walt Disney World New Year's Eve 2021

Vinnie Mac

I believe it is getting the usual show after Harmonious.
Wrestler Yes GIF

Lilofan

Same. I’d grab a grilled veggie sandwich at Backlot, watch the Comedy Warehouse shows and then sneak in to a good fireworks viewing spot.

That was when DHS did a real fireworks show with Mulch playing the music live. So much fun!

After that I’d escape the crowds and go to muppets, and then wander the Osborne lights practically by myself. Was a great New Years tradition!
Missed those times. There was also a time when Cheap Trick played at the Osborne Lights at NYE in 2000. Before Mulch there were several bands that NYE night , spread throughout the park including DJs.

jrhwdw

New Year's countdown fireworks at Epcot has been added to the calendar.

View attachment 606267
I've said this elsewhere but I'm still surprised there's not a 2nd Harm. before this.........I'm so used to the Pre COVID Epcot! LOL!!!!

Feels good saying that, doesn't it!!!! :) :) We've said it on July 1st, Today at DHS/Indy, Weds when Christmas Entertainment(no Minnie's)returns to MK's Regular Schedule and Dec 30-31st!!!!!! Finally WDW is looking normal! I just wish COVID Would finally end so we don''t have to worry about going the other Direction!

That Vid is Fantastic! Is it just me or is SSE playing into the NYE Tag as well?

OH MY GOD THAT GLORIOUS FINALE. I CAN SEE BOB CHAPEK'S POCKETS CRYING RIGHT NOW AND I LOVE IT.
I'm Sorry, but does everything have to be about him?!?!?!? I'd like to think that he knows how important NYE/July 4th is to WDW.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 3.45.02 PM.png

"It’s hard to believe 2021 is already coming to an end, and what a year it’s been! We know many of you at home can’t join us in-person for New Year’s Eve this year, but we didn’t want that to stand in the way of you ringing in the new year with some Disney magic. So we’re bringing our festive countdown fireworks straight to everyone with a LIVE broadcast of the New Year’s Eve “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks beginning Friday, Dec. 31 at 11:48 p.m., ET.

Our live stream of the spectacular “Fantasy in the Sky” at Magic Kingdom Park will feature a variety of breathtaking views of the festive fireworks. See the sky sparkle above Cinderella Castle to music from favorite Disney films and other fun tunes from popular attractions."

TrainsOfDisney

I’d be there if Disney wanted my business. Since I can’t even purchase an annual pass this will be the first year I miss a New Years fireworks show at WDW since 2004/05.

Vinnie Mac

Damn, Disney made me very proud tonight. Here I was worried that they were going to cut quite a bit of pyro but no. Not only did they not really cut pyro, but they also added new effects to the show. I was curious as to what they were going to do to replace the dream-light effect during the countdown and I gotta say, the laser and projection combination worked very well as a replacement. Just when I thought I couldn't love this show more, Disney makes it better.

I didn't expect this type of improvement in the midst of the Chapek era I cannot lie. Cannot wait for tomorrow! That's where the real fun starts :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom