Disney store

pj4963

Original Poster
Hello

I have heard/read the Disney Stores are closing. Does that mean their will only be one store in Destin Florida? Wil the Disney Store in Disney Springs still be open?

monorail81

Hello

I have heard/read the Disney Stores are closing. Does that mean their will only be one store in Destin Florida? Wil the Disney Store in Disney Springs still be open?
The store in Disney Springs isn’t a Disney Store. It is the World if Disney and it’s under the WDW business unit. The Disney Store is an entirely different business unit. The World of Disney isn’t going anywhere.

JIMINYCR

Ive seen reports that there will only be around 25 Disney Stores open after the next closings happen. Disney like many are now seeing a huge pattern of online sales and they see no need to have the support of physical stores. So many businesses are moving in this direction and its a shame we are losing that personal touch and connection. My local store closed a long time ago and I have no option to shop local. So its online or wait until we take a Disney trip. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: Guess it at least saves my bank account from dwindling down.

Disone

Ive seen reports that there will only be around 25 Disney Stores open after the next closings happen. Disney like many are now seeing a huge pattern of online sales and they see no need to have the support of physical stores. So many businesses are moving in this direction and its a shame we are losing that personal touch and connection. My local store closed a long time ago and I have no option to shop local. So its online or wait until we take a Disney trip. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: Guess it at least saves my bank account from dwindling down.
That explains why all the walmarts and targets are also closing. Nobody goes to them anymore. They are empty shadows of thier former glories.

Sarcasm off. I think Disney way over compensated for the trend up online shopping by closing as many stars as they did. I can certainly understand closing a good chunk of them but only leaving 25? You know both things can be true. There can be a huge trend ports online shopping while still being a large portion of the population that still likes to go into a physical environment. I definitely think Disney could have kept more than 25 successful stores running. The part of the problem is their belief that the merchandise is the star.

The company that literally invented retail entertainment via The Disney Stores has completely forgotten the concept that if you entertain people in a retail environment they open their wallets.

JIMINYCR

That explains why all the walmarts and targets are also closing. Nobody goes to them anymore. They are empty shadows of thier former glories.

Sarcasm off. I think Disney way over compensated for the trend up online shopping by closing as many stars as they did. I can certainly understand closing a good chunk of them but only leaving 25? You know both things can be true. There can be a huge trend ports online shopping while still being a large portion of the population that still likes to go into a physical environment. I definitely think Disney could have kept more than 25 successful stores running. The part of the problem is their belief that the merchandise is the star.

The company that literally invented retail entertainment via The Disney Stores has completely forgotten the concept that if you entertain people in a retail environment they open their wallets.
Walmarts and Targets are very different chains than Disney stores. They arent going to be following the pattern that the Disney stores and others who carry only smaller, selective merchandise do. The large box stores that get people to walk in to for their complete shopping needs in one visit can afford to remain available.

Disone

Walmarts and Targets are very different chains than Disney stores. They arent going to be following the pattern that the Disney stores and others who carry only smaller, selective merchandise do. The large box stores that get people to walk in to for their complete shopping needs in one visit can afford to remain available.
I highly suspect that many... Most even, Disney Stores were operating with comfortable profit margins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom