News New watercraft 'Tradewinds' joins the motor cruiser fleet

Disone

It’s a custom build from a third party Florida shipyard. It was designed and modeled off of the existing fleet of cruisers with several enhancements made.
I would like to see more of these cruisers. The launches are cute but they're inefficient and not ADA Compliant.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Now that was a needed upgrade! Woohoo 🥳

Question. What is with the name of the boat? Tradewinds is a beautiful resort In Tampa with so much for tourists to do you don’t need to leave the resort. It is fun and gorgeous.

So I’m curious as to how the name was chosen? Disney doesn’t generally give a tip of the hat to competitor for tourism dollars.

Gabe1

I saw tradewinds from a distance last week before the media press event started. At the time I assumed it was repainted, not a new addition.

Kind of exciting. Now I am wondering, how many cruises does Bay Lake have and are there more on the way.

Also can we get a friendship? They are okay traversing the WS lagoon but for WS to DHS feels like a three hour cruise, a three hour cruise.
I always thought there should be Resort Boats and Express Boats like Monorail Express and Monorail Resort loops

Gabe1

The express boat is the ferry lol
Ugh.

I think you misread the post I was responding (quoted) to or didn’t read that. Member was speaking to the length of boat trip to reach DHS. The ferry boat does not sail on that body of water

castlecake2.0

Ugh.

I think you misread the post I was responding (quoted) to or didn’t read that. Member was speaking to the length of boat trip to reach DHS. The ferry boat does not sail on that body of water
That wasn’t clear from what I read, there was lots of thoughts going on in the post you quoted. I agree now that I understand. Didn’t need to “ugh” me :)

AceExplorer

Has anyone been able to find and confirm the builder of this new vessel? I have checked several builders web site, and none advertise that Disney is their customer. I'm wondering if there is a non-disclosure agreement in place. Thx...

Disone

The boats at Universal are better as they still look cute but have a section for wheelchairs that offers level boarding (with a small ramp).
I love the resort boats at Universal. They're kind of a mix of being cute, like a Disney launch, but with the efficiency of a Disney cruiser.

NobodyElse

Let me know when they pick up a few of these:
1663203103221.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom