News Kali River Rapids refurbishment November 2021

Phicinfan

So end of this year, and beginning of next is refurb time at AK? First Everest and now Kali?

So Dinosaur is next right?

tagoofy

I know this is not exciting for many (maybe even disappointing for Kali fans going in Nov, or Everest fans at the marathon), but Kali being one of my favorite rides this just might tip my ticketing decision.
My daughter is going to be down there for the Dopey Challenge and planning on going down there just to cheer her on. Was strongly considering not even getting tickets for the parks, but now.... hmmmm. If I might get a change to ride Kali all day long one more time, I might just have to have a ticket.

Stevek

We are going first week of December so always a bit of a bummer when something is down for refurbishment. That being said, given it might be a little cooler weather wise, not a big deal for me. Kids will probably be more bummed than me.

cookiee_munster

Hoping they7 will be working on more than just technical issues but give the show scenes am overhaul...It's time for a fresh new take.
You'd hope they would, but you know it'll be minimal. I've not been to the park in forever. So forgive my ignorance, but is the logging theme pushed throughout the queue line? Without that, I don't know how anyone could figure out what the emphasis on the theme was. All I can remember was part of a small patch of land on fire, and that massive burning tree/log and then waterfall. The end.

Don't get me wrong. I actually like the fact that the ride went with an environmental message. But it's so slap dash it's very much blink, and you miss it. Either go big, or just don't do it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Extended to January 3, 2022 and won’t reopen in time for holiday season/rush..

Kali River Rapids at Disney's Animal Kingdom reopens from its annual refurbishment​

Well that’s embarrassing of me posting something so wrong lol. Regardless, still glad that I’ll have a chance to ride (mainly to look at the queue) it next week haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom