Disney Park Pass bug relating to theme park reservations for renewed Annual Passes

disneygeek90

We are in the same boat. We expire Oct 20. Already renewed and can’t make anything after that. We also have a stay in Dec. I did call this morning. On hold for 1 hour (not too bad) they said they are aware and he could make reservations for me. Worst case my new pass will kick in Oct 20th. He wasn’t very helpful in the information dept but he did make me 3 reservations that I now can’t cancel or modify because he made them some way in the back end.
Gotta love it. I probably won't worry about mine since the new pass will flip over on Wednesday but yikes, that's annoying.

Mr. Toad

I reached out over my particular issue, which is a new annual pass appearing to expire on February 5. I upgraded an existing, unused park hopper to the AP. Apparently the February 5 expiration is just my expiration date to activate the pass. You now get one year to activate an AP. You don’t have until 2030. But if you are upgrading an existing ticket, you get 365 days from the date of the original purchase. I bought my park hopper 2/6/21 so I must activate my pass by 2/5/22 (not an issue). I can’t make park reservations past 2/5/22 until I activate the pass. Just an FYI for anyone upgrading a previously purchased ticket to an AP.
Thanks for the information. I bought my original ticket in late April and we are now going in early 2022 so that should be OK for making park reservations for this trip.

Oddysey

I expire Sept 14, renewed last month. Won't let me book anything past a "free" day on Sept 15. I hadn't had anything on the calendar since reservations have been easy to get lately... so I hope the mad rush to buy AP's doesn't effect the calendar availability too much.

Honestly a pretty inexcusable "glitch".

I stole this meme from you in another thread as I identify with it so much and find it hilarious.

Attachments

• FB715910-9525-4FBB-8F64-569A1A117F32.png
    FB715910-9525-4FBB-8F64-569A1A117F32.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 107

Gillyanne

Update today for our Gold pass. Not sure if it's related to today's expiration or if they fixed whatever. But now when I went it, there was an option to select which pass you wanted to make the reservations with. I was able to go in and make the "extra" reservations for the whole family now :)

1631192366063.png

disneygeek90

Update today for our Gold pass. Not sure if it's related to today's expiration or if they fixed whatever. But now when I went it, there was an option to select which pass you wanted to make the reservations with. I was able to go in and make the "extra" reservations for the whole family now :)

View attachment 585758
That's interesting you can add 5 extra. I do not have that option still, it's just showing my gold pass.

Gillyanne

That's interesting you can add 5 extra. I do not have that option still, it's just showing my gold pass.

So maybe it showing up is related to the expiration then (vs. they "fixed" the renewal certs); not sure if that profile could hold 10 if it wasn't for 1 of them expiring today (and therefore only have 1 day even available to book against it)

disneygeek90

So maybe it showing up is related to the expiration then (vs. they "fixed" the renewal certs); not sure if that profile could hold 10 if it wasn't for 1 of them expiring today (and therefore only have 1 day even available to book against it)
When did your original gold pass expire?

donsullivan

Premium Member
It looks like the options for this got loaded to the site overnight. Now when I try to make a reservation, it shows my current and renewal pass and I can select one or the other and make reservations accordingly. This is what I see today.

it doesn’t clearly define current or future but a tap or two makes it clear.

18019EC7-6D92-4E63-9D07-64A77DDFFC79.jpeg

885D2FF4-A3F3-4459-B58E-81A5A5101C6E.png

VelocityRaptor

Noticed something weird. I have a Platinum AP that expires Oct 18. Currently only have 1 park reservation for Oct 1 that was booked months ago. I went on this morning and booked another reservation for Oct 2, it said that I had 5 available reservations, booked Oct 2 and now on the park reservations page it only shows the Oct 2 reservation but if I go to my plans it shows both. I know nobody knows the answer, but wondering if my Oct 1 reservation is still okay.

JohnD

Noticed something weird. I have a Platinum AP that expires Oct 18. Currently only have 1 park reservation for Oct 1 that was booked months ago. I went on this morning and booked another reservation for Oct 2, it said that I had 5 available reservations, booked Oct 2 and now on the park reservations page it only shows the Oct 2 reservation but if I go to my plans it shows both. I know nobody knows the answer, but wondering if my Oct 1 reservation is still okay.

Yes. I get the same with Silver. The reservations list only shows the reservations associated with the new schedule. But if you go to My Plans, you'll see all of them.

So, for me, I made my original three Silver reservations for 10/1-3. But then as of 9/8, I got four more, which I made for 9/30, and 10/4-6. So I only see those on the reservations list but all 7 in My Plans.

VelocityRaptor

Yes. I get the same with Silver. The reservations list only shows the reservations associated with the new schedule. But if you go to My Plans, you'll see all of them.

So, for me, I made my original three Silver reservations for 10/1-3. But then as of 9/8, I got four more, which I made for 9/30, and 10/4-6. So I only see those on the reservations list but all 7 in My Plans.
I just hoping that this doesn’t cause any issues trying to use the original reservations

JohnD

I just hoping that this doesn’t cause any issues trying to use the original reservations

I don't think so. They're "grandfathered" and locked in. Once those are used, the passes in My Plans will match the reservation list. Honestly, I was expecting to only get one more for a total of four. Not four more for a total of seven.

JohnD

In "My Plans", you can't delete park reservations made with the new system within the app. (You can with park reservations made with Legacy passes prior to 9/8, however). If you want to delete park reservations made with the new system, you have to do it through MDE/desktop.

Counterintuitively, you can click on "Make a Park Reservation" from the + within the app. You'll be redirected to the website (after re-entering your PW), click on the appropriate category under "Make a Park Reservation", then you'll be given a choice to cancel your park reservation. Note that you'll only see the reservations made with the new system.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Just to follow up on this, today is my final day on my old pass. It’s now allowing me to select the new pass (top option).
F8848DAA-D99A-434C-A24B-5DA54FA875F6.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom