Is Victoria and Alberts ever coming back?

TCarbone

Reopening night review from Touring Plans -

I didn't see it on the "What's Changed" list, but in the past for each course you could select from 2 or 3 dishes.... customizing the experience.

From a photo of the menu I saw elsewhere, selections are no longer offered. The menu is fixed (not just in price). Can anyone confirm?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I didn't see it on the "What's Changed" list, but in the past for each course you could select from 2 or 3 dishes.... customizing the experience.

From a photo of the menu I saw elsewhere, selections are no longer offered. The menu is fixed (not just in price). Can anyone confirm?
They haven’t had choices in years.

ETA: If you tell them that you don't eat certain foods, they do customize it for you.

Last edited:

Minthorne

No matter what you eat, it all ends the same in the end 😉

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
we went a month before the pandemic and you could add caviar service, turbot and a5 wagyu for a supplement In the queens room and chefs table
Yes, additions have always been there. In the past, some of the courses had multiple options for different dishes. They no longer do that, but still offer additions.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Apparently the minimum number of guests for the Chef's Table has increased to 4 -

"Victoria & Albert’s recently reopened, and now if you want to book the Chef’s Table, you’ll need to have at least 4 people in your party — you can no longer book the Chef’s Table for parties of less than four. That means if you were hoping to have a date night at the Chef’s Table, you’re going to have to make it a double date!"

Hockey89

Apparently the minimum number of guests for the Chef's Table has increased to 4 -

"Victoria & Albert’s recently reopened, and now if you want to book the Chef’s Table, you’ll need to have at least 4 people in your party — you can no longer book the Chef’s Table for parties of less than four. That means if you were hoping to have a date night at the Chef’s Table, you’re going to have to make it a double date!"

Def for the guests and not extra rev stream

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

We were hoping to grab the Chef’s Table for our anniversary in March. We’ve done it before and loved it. Guess we’ll have to eat with the rabble in the Queen Victoria room.

Ouray

The one time I dined at V&A's was at the Chef's Table. The food was quite good. It was a good dining month, as I had V&A's and Le Bernardin within two weeks of each other. While I'd say it's hard to compare the two as they're stylistically so different, when I asked myself the question, "Which was fundamentally more delicious?", I had to give V&A's the edge. Perhaps the service wasn't quite as polished, and the wine choices not as unique, but it won the all around. Back to the Chef's Table; while unique, it's kind of loud and smells kitchen-y. Understand that a large restaurant kitchen doesn't smell like your kitchen at home when you're making boeuf bourguignon. A restaurant kitchen is in constant churn, so not only do you smell the food being prepared, but you also smell the dish machines, the sanitizing sinks, the garbage being taken out, etc. Just something to consider. I will return to V&A's, but I'll take the dining room.

RoadiJeff

The one time I dined at V&A's was at the Chef's Table. The food was quite good. It was a good dining month, as I had V&A's and Le Bernardin within two weeks of each other. While I'd say it's hard to compare the two as they're stylistically so different, when I asked myself the question, "Which was fundamentally more delicious?", I had to give V&A's the edge. Perhaps the service wasn't quite as polished, and the wine choices not as unique, but it won the all around. Back to the Chef's Table; while unique, it's kind of loud and smells kitchen-y. Understand that a large restaurant kitchen doesn't smell like your kitchen at home when you're making boeuf bourguignon. A restaurant kitchen is in constant churn, so not only do you smell the food being prepared, but you also smell the dish machines, the sanitizing sinks, the garbage being taken out, etc. Just something to consider. I will return to V&A's, but I'll take the dining room.
Thanks for that assessment of the Chef's Table. I've only eaten in the main dining room but at $800+ for a dinner for two I think I'll stick with the ambiance it offers rather than the smells and sounds of the kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom