Prices for Saturday 3/25/23

Genie Plus: $25
Universal express Universal Studios only: $209.99
Universal express unlimited Universal Studios only: $239.99
Universal express Islands of Adventure only: $214.99
Universal express unlimited Islands of Adventure only: $244.99
Universal express Both Parks: $224.99
Universal express unlimited Both Parks: $254.99

I know the systems aren't the same... but crazy that it's over 8 times more expensive.

CAV

I know the systems aren't the same... but crazy that it's over 8 times more expensive.
Its 10 times better, so there's that.

Riviera Rita

I booked Disneyland and included Genie+ in my booking, $15 a day if I remember correctly, so it's all sorted out before I go and no price hikes depending on what the day is. Why can't they do that for WDW?
I'm not staying at a Disney resort either, I'm at a good neighbour hotel that I've stayed at before that is across the street from the park. I'm curious to know what their housekeeping is like post Covid as it was very good before it.

UNCgolf

Yeah, there's really no comparison between the Express Pass and Genie+. I'd rather pay $200 for a Disney version of Express Pass than $25 for Genie+ (although I think it would probably need to cost even more than that at WDW).

Plus, all the deluxe resort guests get Express Pass included with their room.

Last edited:

arich35

I booked Disneyland and included Genie+ in my booking, $15 a day if I remember correctly, so it's all sorted out before I go and no price hikes depending on what the day is. Why can't they do that for WDW?
I'm not staying at a Disney resort either, I'm at a good neighbour hotel that I've stayed at before that is across the street from the park. I'm curious to know what their housekeeping is like post Covid as it was very good before it.

They were doing that then stopped because they wanted to be able to raise the prices. But I do think if you are staying on resort you should be able to get Genie+ at a discount or free for X amount of days. Would make another perk for staying on site

MrPromey

To call that an understatement would be... British.*

*apologies to Steve And Martin but I think you guys know what I mean. ;)

Purduevian

Probably depends the person. Last time I used G+ for a full day I hit 9 Lightning lanes across 3 parks.
Last time I used express pass unlimited for a full day, I used the express lane 15 times across 2 parks.

Express pass was certainly easier, but honestly I would rather pay ~$30 for G+ than $200+ for Express pass.

If I had the money/time (if any vloggers are reading please do this challenge) I would love to get a team together to truly test both express pass and G+ on the same day. Each park as 1 skip the line user and multiple standby users at Disney and USO. Every time skip the line person gets in a line, a standby person gets in the standby line to figure out the time saved on each ride. Skip the line user doesn't wait for the standby person, but jumps to the next line (when they can) and another standby user clocks that time. I would love to see the total time saved in a day with each system over the course of a full operating day, we all know wait time boards are very unreliable. This would give a great $/min of each system. Add "wait time" minutes whenever the G+ person is on their phone trying to book a new LL.

Touchdown

Probably depends the person. Last time I used G+ for a full day I hit 9 Lightning lanes across 3 parks.
Last time I used express pass unlimited for a full day, I used the express lane 15 times across 2 parks.

Express pass was certainly easier, but honestly I would rather pay ~$30 for G+ than $200+ for Express pass.

If I had the money/time (if any vloggers are reading please do this challenge) I would love to get a team together to truly test both express pass and G+ on the same day. Each park as 1 skip the line user and multiple standby users at Disney and USO. Every time skip the line person gets in a line, a standby person gets in the standby line to figure out the time saved on each ride. Skip the line user doesn't wait for the standby person, but jumps to the next line (when they can) and another standby user clocks that time. I would love to see the total time saved in a day with each system over the course of a full operating day, we all know wait time boards are very unreliable. This would give a great $/min of each system. Add "wait time" minutes whenever the G+ person is on their phone trying to book a new LL.
My typical day with EP at Universal results in at least 20 rides, great days 30. Never would get that at Disney. I also get rerides at Universal.

Purduevian

My typical day with EP at Universal results in at least 20 rides, great days 30. Never would get that at Disney. I also get rerides at Universal.
Yes, not 100% a fair comparison as my USO day included a late start (stupid hotel check in), 2 hour Hagrids wait, an hour at Mythos, probably an hourish+ exploring the HP lands.

Still even at 30 rides for $250 (you said re-rides) is ~$8 per ride. If G+ is $30, only 4 rides puts you at a better "value" of $ per ride.

Both parks are super expensive, but to me G+ still gives the better "value" over express pass. However, I can totally see how someone has a different opinion than me. I will probably never visit Disney without G+ or USO without staying at a deluxe resort (no way I am forking over $700+ straight up for express for my family of 3).

Touchdown

Yes, not 100% a fair comparison as my USO day included a late start (stupid hotel check in), 2 hour Hagrids wait, an hour at Mythos, probably an hourish+ exploring the HP lands.

Still even at 30 rides for $250 (you said re-rides) is ~$8 per ride. If G+ is $30, only 4 rides puts you at a better "value" of $ per ride.

Both parks are super expensive, but to me G+ still gives the better "value" over express pass. However, I can totally see how someone has a different opinion than me. I will probably never visit Disney without G+ or USO without staying at a deluxe resort (no way I am forking over $700+ straight up for express for my family of 3).
Well to be fair my express pass is included in my $350-450 room I would be staying at anyways.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ has sold out for the day.

IMG_C27915273E67-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom