Potential Tropical Cyclone 6 impacts to Walt Disney World August 2021

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like there is the possibility of some impacts to Central Florida this weekend.

145238_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Touchdown

That’s a horrible track, let’s hope it dissipates, I don’t know what full hospitals will do with no nearby facilities inland able to take extra pts. That is striking the heart of the most affected area of this current surge 😬😢.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Based on forecasted strength and trajectory it'll be a rain event, if that. But erring on the side of caution, I'd recommend that everybody cancel their trips - or at the very least - shelter in place until mid-next week. I will take the risk and monitor things from inside the parks.

This is a commendable act of selflessness and sacrifice on your part. 😉

Goofyernmost

Based on forecasted strength and trajectory it'll be a rain event, if that. But erring on the side of caution, I'd recommend that everybody cancel their trips - or at the very least - shelter in place until mid-next week. I will take the risk and monitor things from inside the parks.
We will all be anxiously be awaiting up to the minute reports of the weather since you so selflessly volunteered to be our own personal Jim Cantore. And just when I was losing my hope that society wasn't just a giant cesspool of occupants. Is saintly to over the top to mention? I think not! 😇🙂

homerdance

Agreed, poeple need to be safe!

ifan

With the corporate event closing MK on sat night, I had planned to see HEA fireworks Sunday night. Depending on how this storm changes in the coming days, I may try to see them Friday night instead.

Still too early to make an informed decision, though.

JohnD

The typical afternoon downpours we get everyday this time of year are far more intense than what this "system" will bring to the central Florida area. Get a grip people.
I was hit straight on by Hurricane Hermine in Tallahassee. It pretty much had the same track skirting central FL and didn’t do very much there. As for me, I happened to have a trip which started two days after it came through as a Cat 1. I was without power. So, I packed up, got the heck out of dodge and spent several days at WDW instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom