News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

MagicHappens1971

If someone got passes on the monthly payment plan does the payments start on original purchase date and then that same date each month or do the payments start on the date that you first use the passes?
You pay the first month when you buy the pass if I remember correctly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don’t agree. For all we know the passes are limited but after the initial mad rush, demand dissipated because so many gave them the middle finger after the years of being walked all over and not even having them available. Not saying that’s what happened but it is a possibility.
I think they probably had a cap…but knew damn well their “unprecedented demand” wasn’t there.

They floated a supply crunch…to sell…as they are charged to do…and people had to jump or play it out.

They did suck up the Covid cash for as long as they could at full price and mid finger the loyal people for 3 years.
They’ll be a lot of Disney sycs that will argue the last point…but crap a side they did. Not even sure I disagree with it…but we should agree on it.
Cool conspiracy, friend.
Yeah…not a conspiracy…

The DID say “limited availability” on all their releases.

Nobody got “scammed”…but they subtly put a layer of pressure on there that benefited them.

It’s up to everyone to judge if it matters? You got your pass…and if you “jumped” and didn’t want to spend the money, my analysis is you didn’t really want it or couldn’t afford it in the first place?

Don’t really see too much “one sided” argument here.

TTA94

They’re asking what date the payments hit?

I’ve never been more happy to say it’s not an option for me 😎

Well I was asking if it goes by when you first use your passes? I do know you have a year after you first use them which makes me think if you didn’t use the pass till let’s say June 1st, that’s when your monthly payments would start?
For me personally it’s not a issue but I have others I was asking for.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well I was asking if it goes by when you first use your passes? I do know you have a year after you first use them which makes me think if you didn’t use the pass till let’s say June 1st, that’s when your monthly payments would start?
For me personally it’s not a issue but I have others I was asking for.
I can only guess that payments go on purchase date?

Why would they wait until use to collect the money?
Makes no sense

Gillyanne

If someone got passes on the monthly payment plan does the payments start on original purchase date and then that same date each month or do the payments start on the date that you first use the passes?

The contract says purchase date and then that day of the month for subsequent months (or if the month doesn't have said day, the last day).

My understanding is if you hold off activating it right away, you would still be paying on those non use months, but only for 12 months, so if you wait 4 months to use it, basically the last 4 months if use you wouldn't be paying the monthly anymore.

Screenshot_20230430-200708.png

TTA94

The contract says purchase date and then that day of the month for subsequent months (or if the month doesn't have said day, the last day).

My understanding is if you hold off activating it right away, you would still be paying on those non use months, but only for 12 months, so if you wait 4 months to use it, basically the last 4 months if use you wouldn't be paying the monthly anymore.

View attachment 713700

Thanks, makes sense now.

bmr1591

Update: my wife enjoyed our first weekend as passholders. Summer is crazy for us, so can’t get down again until August, but we’re ready to get back. No sign of @Joel, but I’m sure he’s enjoying his too.

Chip Chipperson

Has anyone been able to renew a DVC Sorcerer pass online? I thought they were opening those renewals up online (hence the DVC "early bird" access when passes went back on sale). Was that not actually the case? Because I'm only getting the option to renew at the Incredipass level but that's not the pass I have.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Has anyone been able to renew a DVC Sorcerer pass online? I thought they were opening those renewals up online (hence the DVC "early bird" access when passes went back on sale). Was that not actually the case? Because I'm only getting the option to renew at the Incredipass level but that's not the pass I have.
Call…they didn’t “sell out” of anything 😂

Chip Chipperson

Call…they didn’t “sell out” of anything 😂
Exactly! It's beyond stupid that they still have this roadblock up. I can buy a new Sorcerer Pass online at full price (and the system recognizes that I'm DVC) but I can't renew an existing one without calling?!?!? The website says renewing a DVC Pass requires a call, but the MDE app says the Pass "is no longer ger available," which is clearly false since I can buy a new one at full price. Whenever I think my job's IT people are clueless, I remember that it could be worse - they could hire Disney's IT people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly! It's beyond stupid that they still have this roadblock up. I can buy a new Sorcerer Pass online at full price (and the system recognizes that I'm DVC) but I can't renew an existing one without calling?!?!? The website says renewing a DVC Pass requires a call, but the MDE app says the Pass "is no longer ger available," which is clearly false since I can buy a new one at full price. Whenever I think my job's IT people are clueless, I remember that it could be worse - they could hire Disney's IT people.
Disneys IT sucks…

News at 11 😎

arich35

If we ended up being eligible Sorcerer Pass, is it possible to downgrade and get a credit after we have activated our annual pass?

Trauma

Is there any downside to the payment plan ?

Do you end up paying more?

Just wondering why Disney would offer such and option.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Is there any downside to the payment plan ?

Do you end up paying more?

Just wondering why Disney would offer such and option.

There is no downside and no, you don't pay more as Disney doesn't charge a fee.

Why? Disney wanted Florida residents to become passholders. October used to be the month Florida residents received ticket discounts and state employees could get discounted tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom