wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Storybook-Circus_Full_43229.jpg

Storybook-Circus_Full_43238.jpg

Last edited:

Splashin' Ryan

Looks like they're either cleaning the tents or applying a sealant on the tents first. I wonder if they will paint them eventually. It almost seems like replacing the material might be easier but I'm sure far more costly. I know the material isn't like actual tent material, these are laid over top a rigid frame but who knows.

MrPromey

It this a pretty good sign that they are finally re-opening BigTop?

It's a sign that they're not planning to tear the location down.

I'm sure it'll reopen but I wouldn't take this particular development to specfically mean they're planning to, soon.

Instead, it seems like they're taking advantage of the closure to do work that might be harder to do with the location actively in use by guests.

That said, as it's retail, I'm sure Disney is as eager to open it as you are to have it open, when they can staff for it.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Looks like they're either cleaning the tents or applying a sealant on the tents first. I wonder if they will paint them eventually. It almost seems like replacing the material might be easier but I'm sure far more costly. I know the material isn't like actual tent material, these are laid over top a rigid frame but who knows.
Having lived in a teepee made of the same canvas used for large tents, my guess would be waterproofing. (Indoor fires achieve that in a teepee, but I can't imagine Disney is willing to have that in Dumbo's Circus tents on the regular. ;) )

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is indeed paint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom