News New lobby layouts coming to Disney's Old Key West and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why don’t you tell us what you really think?

First off, DVC is not for eternity. One difference between DVC and most other timeshares is that it has an end date. Another difference is that there is a booming resale market. After 12 years I could resell and not only make my money back but also the maintenance fees I’ve paid since. We don’t go every year and have taken other vacations, but I can rent my points out to others who do want to go - just as well in the case of the last couple of years.

And it sounds like you have a low opinion of Key West, cruise guests and the over 60s apparently too. That’s some broad sweeping judgements but your prerogative though.

That’s sad. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to judge for myself in a year from now.
I’ll help you out….you're gonna LOVE it 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s the same issue at Coronado, there’s a sign saying wait here for next host/ess but no one sees it or knows how to form one line. I know it’s done to try to eliminate stanchions but like you said, it falls apart quickly.
I assume that this new “station” thing is just an official acknowledgement that it’s 90% automated now and the hotel lobby serves little to no purpose…

…I’m old though…I still have foggy memories of when the desks where the little nerve centers of the property. Those were the days, Edith

castlecake2.0

I assume that this new “station” thing is just an official acknowledgement that it’s 90% automated now and the hotel lobby serves little to no purpose…

…I’m old though…I still have foggy memories of when the desks where the little nerve centers of the property. Those were the days, Edith
I meant stanchions as in ropes to form a queue, most of the new lobby’s have removed those and replaced them with a sign to wait at. It doesn’t look like Saratoga lost any actual check-in areas/desks, they were just redesigned. The only resorts that I’ve seen a noticeable reduction in desks are Riverside (which probably had too many to begin with) and Art of Animation. I thought it was going to create an issue at Art but anytime I’m there I’ve been impressed with how quickly they move through their line.

Pop Century I think is the last resort that still hasn’t switched over to the front desk “pods”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom