Magic Kingdom Permit - Firework launch pads

Thelazer

Lets say that the current pads / sites.. (with the exception of main site) were not all that secure and distance wise had issues.
So this should fix some of that.

Trailers were used at the studios for there NYE and etc shows.. I don't recall ever seeing them at the kingdom.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I
Lets say that the current pads / sites.. (with the exception of main site) were not all that secure and distance wise had issues.
So this should fix some of that.

Trailers were used at the studios for there NYE and etc shows.. I don't recall ever seeing them at the kingdom.
I seem to remember all of the old Studios shows (minus the rooftop launches) were fired from a trailer parked in the backlot tour tram lane.

Here is a picture of it loaded up before being moved into position.

IMG_2742-2.jpg

spock8113

Considering it's the "Water District" I'm guessing it's for water?????? There are driveways for trucks, possibly chemical deliveries.
It could be for a water stripping tower: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/packed-tower#
These towers are used to "trickle" off many various pollutants and impurities.
Could be for a new pumping station or chemical treatment facility or maybe UV water treatment. My money's on a stripping tower, but hey, I think Goofy rules with Goofy Rules, IMHO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Considering it's the "Water District" I'm guessing it's for water?????? There are driveways for trucks, possibly chemical deliveries.
It could be for a water stripping tower: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/packed-tower#
These towers are used to "trickle" off many various pollutants and impurities.
Could be for a new pumping station or chemical treatment facility or maybe UV water treatment. My money's on a stripping tower, but hey, I think Goofy rules with Goofy Rules, IMHO.

No, the "Water" in the name refers to storm water management. The South Florida Water Management District permits need to be filed any time you are adding new impervious surfaces, like the concrete pads, or are doing work out wetlands.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Week-long Road closure coming to World Drive close to proposed new Magic Kingdom firework launch site​

I wonder if this is unrelated because the South Florida Water Management District permit has not been approved yet and there still hasn't been a notice of commencement for it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I wonder if this is unrelated because the South Florida Water Management District permit has not been approved yet and there still hasn't been a notice of commencement for it.
Yeah could be, but it’s a heck of a coincidence

aladdin2007

was this originally MK park expansion land for attractions or not at all? Im thinking not but just wondering. it looks connected or within the park layout but probably too far north?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom