News Salt and Straw ice cream is coming to Disney Springs

nickys

Premium Member
It doesn't?

I said most people can't tell a difference, although I suppose I really meant that the difference is so small that most people don't care, along with the fact that in some cases there is literally no difference at all.

My point was that most people are only concerned with the overall quality when choosing because they're so similar. I'm not sure I've ever met someone who said they wanted ice cream and then was upset if they got gelato instead, or vice versa. Of course there are always exceptions, but there aren't many people that would rather have, say, Breyers ice cream over high quality gelato, or cheap low quality gelato over high quality ice cream.

It's nice to have numerous options at Disney Springs to spread out crowds.
You do realise not all of us live in the US?

Over here there is definitely a difference between ice cream and gelato. In fact many Italian restaurants have both on the menu, because they are different.

Just because “most people” can’t tell the difference doesn’t mean there isn’t a difference. Some people refer to Dole Whips as ice cream too, which is just as incorrect as saying gelato is the same as ice cream.

And it seems you’ve just contradicted yourself with the final sentence of this post, when earlier you said you couldn’t understand why people would rather go to one than the other.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can understand going here if you want some of the unique flavors, but considering Vivoli il Gelato is right there in Disney Springs... hard for me to imagine why anyone would go anywhere else for ice cream/gelato. It's a step above anything else offered there.

I'm in total agreement. Their black cherry amaretto gelato is the bomb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom