Return to normality tracker

MagicHappens1971

I know people don't like to hear it, but there are STILL labor shortages in specific areas. Boat operators don't grow on trees.
The college program kids arrive weekly and many do become boat operators. I’m a manager in the industry and do agree that there are STILL labor shortages. But let’s stop excusing everything Disney does as that

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
That's great news to see an actual luxury return to these resorts (luxury in that it's not necessary but still a great thing to offer guests).

I have to say, I'm shocked to see ADDITIONS on 10/1 this year. Usually we see cuts on 10/1.

I’m glad that the two resorts decided to go ahead without the Contemporary. I didn’t think this would come back without the CR agreeing to be part of it due to cost.

This is really good news and will make it much easier for people wanting to eat or visit the other resorts, especially with the walking path closed. It would be better if the CR was included but maybe this will put pressure on them to join the route again.

IanDLBZF

I’m glad that the two resorts decided to go ahead without the Contemporary. I didn’t think this would come back without the CR agreeing to be part of it due to cost.
The FB post did say the Contemporary would in fact be included on the route.

ToTBellHop

The FB post did say the Contemporary would in fact be included on the route.
Maybe they'll be really petty and bring WL/FW guests to CR but not let CR guests on board to go to WL/FW lol

Just add a swim lane for the poors at Contemporary who want some Whispering Canyon?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's great news to see an actual luxury return to these resorts (luxury in that it's not necessary but still a great thing to offer guests).

I have to say, I'm shocked to see ADDITIONS on 10/1 this year. Usually we see cuts on 10/1.
Nothing there is “luxury”…luxury is personalized service by a highly trained staff

Boats shoulda been running 18 months ago…
But I’ll take it

ABQ

Was absolutely ridiculous that the launch was MIA all this time, on the ledger, the boats are billed to the resorts they service, unless Disney wants to tell us the resorts are empty, then they could afford the expense to pay for the boat maintenance and their pilots. They didn't discount the rooms to give the guests a break for the lack of services. The worst was in 2021, I believe, walking all the way from to the dock at the WL only then to find out the boat was not running and walking back to the bus stop. Could have put a sign or two along the way to the boat, but no, that was asking too much.

TrainsOfDisney

The worst was in 2021, I believe, walking all the way from to the dock at the WL only then to find out the boat was not running and walking back to the bus stop. Could have put a sign or two along the way to the boat, but no, that was asking too much.
While waiting for the bus to Disney Springs at Port Orleans, the automated sign said “use watercraft” even though the boat service from port orleans closes at 10:30 pm.

It’s very annoying how Disney springs closes earlier than resort bars and dining options. If I want to watch the last yee-haw Bob set at Port I have to take an Uber cause they want to lock up Disney Springs asap.

Even arriving at 11:08 I was questioned twice by security when getting off the bus and wanting to walk back to my hotel.

IanDLBZF

It’s very annoying how Disney springs closes earlier than resort bars and dining options. If I want to watch the last yee-haw Bob set at Port I have to take an Uber cause they want to lock up Disney Springs asap.
As far as I’m aware of the last buses from Disney Springs run well beyond it’s closing time, I’d say around 1 maybe 2 AM??

TrainsOfDisney

As far as I’m aware of the last buses from Disney Springs run well beyond it’s closing time, I’d say around 1 maybe 2 AM??
They won’t let you ride a bus to Disney springs after it closes though. So if you are at the boardwalk, or port orleans after 11 (11:30 on Friday and Saturday) you have to take Uber.

Comped

I wonder if/when we'll see the pile of tours that used to be offered brought back. My mother's wanted to do one of the holiday ones for a while now, and it seems like that may be a permanent cut.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder if/when we'll see the pile of tours that used to be offered brought back. My mother's wanted to do one of the holiday ones for a while now, and it seems like that may be a permanent cut.
Unlike the “exclusive parties”…those were actual interesting, unique things for people to do

I fear they’re gone. Bob math has no value for such things

castlecake2.0

Package Pick Up has returned to Disney Springs. Is this new?
4323DE8A-A873-4446-A6A4-479AA6949087.jpeg

James Alucobond

Yeah, I could definitely ship during my trip in early 2023 from within the parks, at least.

But it says "shipping and package pick up" in the print below. Is the latter on site?

castlecake2.0

Yeah, I could definitely ship during my trip in early 2023 from within the parks, at least.

But it says "shipping and package pick up" in the print below. Is the latter on site?
I asked the merchandise hostess and she said it’ll get delivered to Guest Relations for pickup and takes about an hour to get over there. I asked her if this was a new service and she said she didn’t think so. But these signs were EVERYWHERE today and were not there last week, so seems new to me. Hopefully this expands to the parks as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom