News Fantasyland refurbishment moves to the castle wall above Princess Fairytale Hall

Brian

Good thing it’s called Fantasyland and not Realismland
Did I ever say that it was out of the question that they put those colors in? No. I said that they are not authentic colors for bricks; a fairly non-controversial point of view, if I do say so myself.

When you consider all the elements of real world castles they put into the architecture of Cinderella Castle (such as gargoyles, arrow slits, battlements, etc), pink and gold bricks in what are supposed to represent perimeter walls do stand out.

Brian

Did I ever say that it was out of the question that they put those colors in? No. I said that they are not authentic colors for bricks; a fairly non-controversial point of view, if I do say so myself.

When you consider all the elements of real world castles they put into the architecture of Cinderella Castle (such as gargoyles, arrow slits, battlements, etc), pink and gold bricks in what are supposed to represent perimeter walls do stand out.
Also, those colors are ugly.

Canadian Comedy GIF by CBC

Last edited:

UNCgolf

It does look pretty stupid/terrible.

I kind of doubt it will be really noticeable in the park, though. Most people aren't paying attention to those walls.

James Alucobond

You ... realize the pink- and gold-toned ones are what's being painted over, right? The cooler gray tones were used in the castle repaint, and that's what they're matching here. They're just in the middle of painting by numbers, so different ones are mixed in.

Also, none of these are unbelievable stone colors in isolation. You're just weirded out by the effect of seeing them all together while it's in progress.

Brian

You ... realize the pink- and gold-toned ones are what's being painted over, right? The cooler gray tones were used in the castle repaint, and that's what they're matching here. They're just in the middle of painting by numbers, so different ones are mixed in.

Also, none of these are unbelievable stone colors in isolation. You're just weirded out by the effect of seeing them all together while it's in progress.
Glad to hear!

jmuboy

It does look pretty stupid/terrible.

I kind of doubt it will be really noticeable in the park, though. Most people aren't paying attention to those walls.
These are base colors. They will be distressed to Match the lower castle bricks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom