News Big Thunder Mountain closing for refurbishment in June 2021

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
General question about refurbishments: what happens with the attraction CMs when a ride is under refurbishment? Are they temporarily reassigned? Off and paid or unpaid? This is a pretty short refurbishment but others are weeks long, like Kali and Splash. And others are longer when there's a more substantial refurbishment.

Hcalvert

General question about refurbishments: what happens with the attraction CMs when a ride is under refurbishment? Are they temporarily reassigned? Off and paid or unpaid? This is a pretty short refurbishment but others are weeks long, like Kali and Splash. And others are longer when there's a more substantial refurbishment.
I believe that they are temporarily reassigned---as well as the resort personnel. One of the bell services cast members told my husband the other day at Wilderness Lodge that he is normally assigned to Poly, but is temporarily reassigned to WL until Poly opens fully.

TikibirdLand

A look at the big Thunder refurb from today

This feels like the first time I’ve seen construction workers without masks in a long time. And I know they are outdoors. Just interesting since they aren’t distanced.

I wonder how the company is verifying vaccination status.
That last picture with the construction workers really points out the forced perspective that's going on there. Awesome photo!

MagicHappens1971

I’m not expecting the lift hill explosion effects to be added, but seems like a no brainer, some what low cost addition that could be marketed for the 50th. Buy we’ve been hoping for years and has never made it past this forum

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom