News Big Thunder Mountain closing for refurbishment in June 2021

raymusiccity

Don’t forget the fiber-optics (fuse) multiple new lights (red) and speaker (for the ringing bell.)
Except, they're not exactly starting from scratch. The plans already exist, the systems have been tested, all of the parts and equipment are working just fine in other parks. Of course, none of this could have been accomplished when the park was closed! It's just so disheartening that these projects get drawn out year after year. :(

Hcalvert

Well, I have park reservations for June 6, so good timing I guess. I'm going to still around to ride it after the reburb if it reopens on time.

jprusso

Except, they're not exactly starting from scratch. The plans already exist, the systems have been tested, all of the parts and equipment are working just fine in other parks. Of course, none of this could have been accomplished when the park was closed! It's just so disheartening that these projects get drawn out year after year. :(
The projects spread like they are is a strategic business plan. It’s cheaper to keep existing customers then it is to find new so the schedule is designed so that the one time visitors will return for the rides they missed due to refurbishment. Doing all that work during shutdown would one have inflated costs to ensure safety, inflated costs due to supply, and net zero return guests. It sucks but it’s business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom