The Wave closing for refurbishment this summer at Disney's Contemporary Resort

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

nicb88

I really struggle to see how this will be the best time for this to happen given the difficulty they’re having reopening restaurants in other locations and the seeming lack of available reservations. Is The Wave in a particularly more dire condition now than it was 18 months ago just before Covid?

That aside, does anyone know if they might try offset this by opening California Grill for breakfast and lunch?

zapple

The decor in there definitely needs refreshing, but I hope they don’t change the menu too much. It’s by far my favorite one credit restaurant in the MK area.

Skywise

The decor in there definitely needs refreshing, but I hope they don’t change the menu too much. It’s by far my favorite one credit restaurant in the MK area.
While The Wave has a great breakfast it's dinner menu might be problematic - For all the restaurants I had trouble getting ADRs for the Wave almost always had availability. I'm not chiding their menu but for some reason it was never booking as well as other restaurants

Bender123

Rethemed, as in a makeover, would be OK. Rethemed to include an IP and become a character meal is a shame.
Its literally fantastic, because its an escape from IP...It looks like a nice restaurant.

I love the characters, but we also need a break from them, as well.

lazyboy97o

Don't these morons realize that the Contemporary and the Polynesian are, themselves, ICONIC IP?!
Progress City Radio Hour just released the second part of their interview with Tom Morris. In it he tells a story of Peter Rummell, then head of Walt Disney Imagineering, not recognizing and dismissing images of the Contemporary as not appropriate for Walt Disney World.

Club Cooloholic

I have never been to it, probably because The Contemporary is the one resort I haven't checked out in the last 25 years, but I have considered it many times. Looking at photos the entrance and the lounge look cool, but that dining room interior and those chairs for sure leave something to be desired. If they were not already doing a space theme at Epcot I would say that would work here, in light of that maybe some sort of journey to the center of the earth kinda thing would be cool.

Skywise

Progress City Radio Hour just released the second part of their interview with Tom Morris. In it he tells a story of Peter Rummell, then head of Walt Disney Imagineering, not recognizing and dismissing images of the Contemporary as not appropriate for Walt Disney World.
Was just reading his bio on wikipedia - his claim to fame is Celebration. Explains a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom