When will they open more of the restaurants?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Anyone heard anything? Still missing lots of restaurants at the resorts. I’m assuming once Poly, Beach and Wilderness open they’ll need to open more dining venues, also Sebastian’s and Toledo’s are still closed and these resorts are just getting busier and busier. The “phased reopening” reasoning is running out of legitimacy when your resorts are filling up.

Last edited:

Penny’s Dad

We are having trouble finding dining reservations in the parks. Plus some of the quick service are not open yet due to using those buildings for line queue overflows. Maybe if more people start packing a lunch to take to the parks they will open more options realizing they are missing out on $$$$.

buckeyegator

like above, i think the first step is to shorten quees so some fast food ones open only fri-sunday, likle casey's can reopen, hopefully by memorial day, if not sooner.

nickys

Premium Member
like above, i think the first step is to shorten quees so some fast food ones open only fri-sunday, likle casey's can reopen, hopefully by memorial day, if not sooner.
I think the problem specifically for places like Casey’s is that there isn’t enough space for the CMs. Plus the spillage of the queue out into the space outside.

In general it’s going to be when social distancing can be eased and restaurants can have more tables being used.

Weather_Lady

I don't see a significant rise in the number of restaurants operating until all CMs are able to be fully vaccinated (all shots, + 2 weeks). Many of the "experts" have estimated that this translates to early-to-mid-June, just in time for schools to start getting out for the summer.

So my slightly-but-not-very-educated guess would be that WDW will aim to open up additional restaurants, and increase capacity everywhere (including already-open restaurants), in time for summer vacation crowds. If my anecdotal experiences are any indication -- doing random room searches for the last 3 months for onsite hotels for the dates in late August when we will be visiting -- available hotels are booking up increasingly fast, with some already booked solid for my family's particular dates.

Last edited:

buckeyegator

as for casey's, there seems plenty of space, and outdoor tables between them and crystal palace foe use, might explore more outdoor tables around other places, all though i do believe it is not cost effective to open some places during the slow, as for now, mid-week days, in summer,who knows?

paul436

I don't see a significant rise in the number of restaurants operating until all CMs are able to be fully vaccinated (all shots, + 2 weeks). Many of the "experts" have estimated that this translates to early-to-mid-June, just in time for schools to start getting out for the summer.

So my slightly-but-not-very-educated guess would be that WDW will aim to open up additional restaurants, and increase capacity everywhere (including already-open restaurants), in time for summer vacation crowds. If my anecdotal experiences are any indication -- doing random room searches for the last 3 months for onsite hotels for the dates in late August when we will be visiting -- available hotels are booking up increasingly fast, with some already booked solid for my family's particular dates.
The mid-June date seems right. With the current rate of vaccinations, US should be close to "herd immunity" by then. Don't know how that changes when factoring in folks from other countries but I would think it wouldn't be greatly effected.

Penny’s Dad

Tomorrow Land Terrace is the one that has some of the menu items as Columbia Harbor House. I think it has only open Thursday through Sunday, but may be open more days during higher capacity crowd.

MickeyLuv'r

I think the problem specifically for places like Casey’s is that there isn’t enough space for the CMs. Plus the spillage of the queue out into the space outside.

In general it’s going to be when social distancing can be eased and restaurants can have more tables being used.
There's also the problem of the Emporium entrance line that, at times, wraps around past Casey's. Mind, it is solvable, but it partly also explains the current closure.

MickeyLuv'r

I’m really hoping Columbia harbor house is open by August, it’s my fave QS.
The problem with CHH is similar to Casey's, because the Peter Pan queue now wraps out past the entrance of CHH.

My guess is CHH won't reopen until social distancing in the P Pan queue officially ends.

Hopefully it happens in the next few months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom