WDW Pools

DME

Original Poster
Hi - Haven't been able to get back to WDW since I left Jan 2nd 2020 and have booked at Old Key West. Just wondering what the pool situation is like. I imagine when the parks were less crowded the pools/resorts were less crowded as well. Anyone been there really recently? Not just at OKW but any resort pool? Was there limited admission? Were people wearing masks. Just trying to get a feel for what it might be like when we're there in June. Thanks.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Hi - Haven't been able to get back to WDW since I left Jan 2nd 2020 and have booked at Old Key West. Just wondering what the pool situation is like. I imagine when the parks were less crowded the pools/resorts were less crowded as well. Anyone been there really recently? Not just at OKW but any resort pool? Was there limited admission? Were people wearing masks. Just trying to get a feel for what it might be like when we're there in June. Thanks.
So just a quick little recap from our most recent trip in January:

Not overly crowded, plenty of seating for us. Masks are required when going up to the bar/restrooms and everywhere else on property but not while swimming and lounging in your pool chairs. The chairs themselves are distanced apart six feet and all lifeguards/servers were wearing masks. Hope this helps! We were staying at Coronado for reference.

DME

Original Poster
So just a quick little recap from our most recent trip in January:

Not overly crowded, plenty of seating for us. Masks are required when going up to the bar/restrooms and everywhere else on property but not while swimming and lounging in your pool chairs. The chairs themselves are distanced apart six feet and all lifeguards/servers were wearing masks. Hope this helps! We were staying at Coronado for reference.
Thanks TJ

Schneewittchen

Last week on Tuesday and Wednesday at Fort Wilderness the pools were crowded. The big pool had a two hour wait to get in. The quiet pool was busy and almost full as well. People only wore masks walking to the bathroom. Lounging and in the pool, no one wore masks.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Last week on Tuesday and Wednesday at Fort Wilderness the pools were crowded. The big pool had a two hour wait to get in. The quiet pool was busy and almost full as well. People only wore masks walking to the bathroom. Lounging and in the pool, no one wore masks.
Ah, spring break was brutal I heard. Perfect storm of people ready to vacation after a year. Hopefully an anomaly.

HouCuseChickie

We used the pool while we were at BWV in February. It probably felt more crowded than it really was due to distancing of lounge chairs, but the pool had a decent crowd. No pics of it, but we also went over to Pop one day and there were a number of people at the pool. Pic below is at BW.

50936036368_e458e8dba3_z.jpg

50936036973_f3b8f92cb4_z.jpg

Last edited:

DME

Original Poster
Did it feel safe and relaxing ? I guess being outdoors and not around others is helpful.

imahistorygeek

We just left. Big pool at SSR reached capacity around noon each day. People wore masks in line at the bar and walking around. That's it. Loungers are distanced, so we always felt safe.

crawale

At 'quiet' pools there never used to be lifeguards so do I understand that now there is a person counting occupants at every pool - large or small?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom