Are people finding difficult to get reservations that they want?

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
The system and app was as dysfunctional as I’ve ever seen it when I was making ADR’s yesterday. I had issues with Chrome, Safari, and the app. App gave an error message and the website was overwhelmed. Would show a time then so would click on it and it would not be available. That being said I got a reservation at all the desired restaurants and meals. I went back on a few hours later and was able to tweak them with times closer to my desired dining times. I sing Disney’s praises about quite a few things but portions of the functionality of their website And app can be frustrating. The systems capabilities to handle traffic has not filled the gap of staff reductions at the call centers.

PolynesianPrincess

In September it was super easy to get all the dining we wanted. For our trip next month, not so easy. Had difficulties getting times we wanted. With the crowds picking up, restaurants are not increasing their capacity which makes it hard. Hopefully the restrictions will start to ease up sometime soon.

DisAl

We only needed 3 ADRs for our end of May through first week of June trip but I was able to make all 3 for our party of 7 on 3/30 (our 60 day mark) within 12 minutes of the system opening at 6:00 a.m. EDT. Reservations were much simpler for this trip with no meal plan to deal with and effectively no "real" character meals.

JIMINYCR

We got all our ADR's for our May trip at most of the desired times we wanted without any problems. I did get on at the 60 day mark. I'd expect that as more guests book trips the competition for tables will make it much harder to secure reservations if Disney doesnt increase openings. With spots remaining closed off it really limits choices. I'm assuming guests are grabbing whatever they can get and waiting to see if any of their better desired places come avalable as they near their trip dates.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I was just checking what was available on June 1st and came across something that happens to me several times now... If I select dinner (for 2) and search, no times come up. But if I select a time, like 6:30 PM I got plenty to choose from. Just wanted to share this with people... It's happened before on different dates, different party size and for breakfast, lunch and Dinner.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I was just checking what was available on June 1st and came across something that happens to me several times now... If I select dinner (for 2) and search, no times come up. But if I select a time, like 6:30 PM I got plenty to choose from. Just wanted to share this with people... It's happened before on different dates, different party size and for breakfast, lunch and Dinner.
I had the same issue. I got on as soon as it opened up booking for a party of 2 for period of May 28-June 6.

aliceismad

Well that's annoying.

This ADR situation is making me regret my split stay decision. We have a 3 night and then a 5 night scheduled. I have been practicing with ADRs the way I used to practice with FP and ROR boarding groups. I start to book ADRs in just under two weeks and am nervous.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
This ADR situation is making me regret my split stay decision. We have a 3 night and then a 5 night scheduled. I have been practicing with ADRs the way I used to practice with FP and ROR boarding groups. I start to book ADRs in just under two weeks and am nervous.
With the park reservation days picked in advance, I was thinking the same thing with regards to how I would go about picking ADR's.

If parking hopping is planned for a day, Dinner plans could be anywhere. But breakfast (if you eat that early) & lunch is limited to where you have a park reservation.

Not sure if I would change PR for a ADR... Before PR, I would change ADR's if a FP+ time was in the way or in a different park. Things have changed slightly.

With the park reservation days picked in advance, I was thinking the same thing with regards to how I would go about picking ADR's.

If parking hopping is planned for a day, Dinner plans could be anywhere. But breakfast (if you eat that early) & lunch is limited to where you have a park reservation.

Not sure if I would change PR for a ADR... Before PR, I would change ADR's if a FP+ time was in the way or in a different park. Things have changed slightly.
I agree with you. I haven't gotten park hoppers in years. But thankfully I did this time.

Well, one thing has not changed. Disney will always give me something to worry about before a trip. It always works out in the end. I wish I could stop stressing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom