Pop Century Skyliner

croyse

Original Poster
I am wondering how the skyliner has been at rope drop in the morning now during spring break? We have an infant and are unfortunately unable to do uber or lyft to get to the parks at rope drop. I am more concerned about transferring at Caribbean Beach. When you transfer do you have to go to the end of the line at CBR?

dmw

In the Parks
No
I am wondering how the skyliner has been at rope drop in the morning now during spring break? We have an infant and are unfortunately unable to do uber or lyft to get to the parks at rope drop. I am more concerned about transferring at Caribbean Beach. When you transfer do you have to go to the end of the line at CBR?
I don't have any info on recent crowds or times, but I rode the skyliner several times in our two stays at Pop in 2019 and I can describe the experience. Coming from Pop, you exit the skyliner at the CBR station and then get into a line to go to HS or a different line to go to Epcot. It's like being in a metro/subway station - big area, signs directing you to the correct line. Guests exiting any of the three lines mingle with CBR guests walking up to the station and you get into your desired line. And, yes, you are getting in at the end of the current line. We found the wait times very short as there is continuous loading - even during the peak morning rush.

buckeyegator

when are you going? when bad weather shuts it down it could be hours before it runs again, twice i have had this happen, it was a disaster getting back to our resort, busses had to be scrambled just to avoid a hour or so wait, my advice is if even a hint of bad weather go the bus route.

castlecake2.0

I was there the other day and they have a pretty good system going now in the morning to get people where they need to go. Depending what time you try to board at pop they’ve been forming separate lines for epcot and studios to ease crowding at the CBR station. They also have lots of cast at the stations to guide you.

croyse

Original Poster
I was there the other day and they have a pretty good system going now in the morning to get people where they need to go. Depending what time you try to board at pop they’ve been forming separate lines for epcot and studios to ease crowding at the CBR station. They also have lots of cast at the stations to guide you.
How long was the wait at CBR station for studios in the morning? I think that is what I am most nervous about is that I have seen reviews that you have to go to the end of the line behind the CBR guests

buckeyegator

How long was the wait at CBR station for studios in the morning? I think that is what I am most nervous about is that I have seen reviews that you have to go to the end of the line behind the CBR guests
no, you just blend in, it's basically first come,first serve. the times we have used it it took about 20 minutes, the length of the line is decieving as to the wait time, plus, they were only loading about 1/3 of each due to covid protocals.

buckeyegator

do you mean skyliner/busses? the monorail only services grand floridian and contemporary. skyliner quees are longer due to serving pop and aoa at the same station,the 2 largest resorts by far.

Disdude71

I am going to be at POP the second week of May and while I have ridden the Skyliner, I have never taken it as my main transportation to get to parks for rope drop. What would be a good time to start lining up in the am to head to DHS? Also, does the Epcot line start running later since they don't open until 11am?

dmw

In the Parks
No
Which has more of a queue the skyline or the monorail from resorts
We found the waits longer for the monorail during the non-peak times. Had to wait for two monorails from the poly, three from the GF. At least the line for the skyliner continuously moves and there is no wondering if there is going to be room on the next monorail even if you are on the platform for loading. During peak times... probably about the same.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I am going to be at POP the second week of May and while I have ridden the Skyliner, I have never taken it as my main transportation to get to parks for rope drop. What would be a good time to start lining up in the am to head to DHS? Also, does the Epcot line start running later since they don't open until 11am?
There is just a single line from Pop to CBR. It is at the CBR station that you change lines to go to HS or Epcot. The line at Pop does start early, and backs up to the Pop pool. Once it gets going it moves quickly and steadily.

Lkendlekatie

We found the waits longer for the monorail during the non-peak times. Had to wait for two monorails from the poly, three from the GF. At least the line for the skyliner continuously moves and there is no wondering if there is going to be room on the next monorail even if you are on the platform for loading. During peak times... probably about the same.
Ok so you wouldn’t pick the poly over pop for transportation reasons ? ( over peak times)

dmw

In the Parks
No
Ok so you wouldn’t pick the poly over pop for transportation reasons ? ( over peak times)
no, I did not say that. I was just comparing the queues for the two, as you had asked. If you want to know our favorite resort, it is POFQ, which has only bus transportation. We would pick that over either Pop or the Poly. Transportation alone does not determine our favorite resort.

JohnD

About 30 to 45 minutes at CBR. As has already been stated, there is no preference of type of guest. If you arrive from Pop/Animation, for example, it's not as simple as disembarking and getting right on to the HS line. You are directed to the down ramp, out of the station, and into a queue in the parking lot that eventually brings you back into the station before being allowed to board the HS line. If you're staying at CBR, you just join the end of the queue in the parking lot. Keep in mind there is also a queue at the Pop/Animation station. I would arrive at least an hour before rope drop at that station.

nickys

Premium Member
Which has more of a queue the skyline or the monorail from resorts
They serve different parks from different resorts.

Currently the monorail takes guests from the Contemporary and GF to MK. The Poly station is being rebuilt so they have a 5-10 minute walk to the TTC.

The Epcot monorail isn’t running.

The Skyliner serves POP, AoA, CBR and Riviera and takes guests to Epcot and DHS.

Lkendlekatie

They serve different parks from different resorts.

Currently the monorail takes guests from the Contemporary and GF to MK. The Poly station is being rebuilt so they have a 5-10 minute walk to the TTC.

The Epcot monorail isn’t running.

The Skyliner serves POP, AoA, CBR and Riviera and takes guests to Epcot and DHS.
Thanks for this so what’s happening to the poly station ?

JohnD

Complete re-build.
Anticipated to finish once the Poly re-opens in July. It’s currently only the DVC side that’s open.

Correct. Apparently, the previous station was wood and could only last so long. So they are re-building it as concrete to get a long life out of it.

ne4now

when we went last feb (just before covid), we stayed at pop and had to rope drop DHS with an uber to try for a ROTR boarding group. We were flat-out told there was no way we would be there by rope drop with skyliner and they were correct. When we arrived at DHS by uber, it was still dark, the skyliner had still not even started running and we were still an hour behind the people in front of us. Not sure if it is still that way or not tho.
We are going again in October (hopefully) and are hoping the busses or skyliner are running early enough to rope drop but I would hate to get stuck waiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom