News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

solidyne

I mean... The Disney look really does need to be relaxed and more open. I worked there and it was a bit strict (for anyone with tattoos, piercings, facial hair or other races). I know a lot of folks on here are super conservative on the Disney Look, but yea, it's super outdated.
Honest question: how was it more difficult for other races? (And what do you mean by "other races" in this context? I assume you mean other than yours?)

Again, honest question. Not being rhetorical or argumentative. I just want to know more about the current code as it stands. I imagine it would be completely race-neutral, as written anyway.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I mean... The Disney look really does need to be relaxed and more open. I worked there and it was a bit strict (for anyone with tattoos, piercings, facial hair or other races). I know a lot of folks on here are super conservative on the Disney Look, but yea, it's super outdated.
It has been relaxed quite a bit over the last decade. I support wanting cast to be comfortable at work, but this is also supposed to be a premium brand, so you gotta be careful with the line of comfort vs professionalism.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Honest question: how was it more difficult for other races? (And what do you mean by "other races" in this context? I assume you mean other than yours?)

Again, honest question. Not being rhetorical or argumentative. I just want to know more about the current code as it stands.
I could see one area they relax a bit is certain hairstyles for certain hair types. Some hair just can’t fit that "clean cut 50s look “ so I could see them allowing other options that still look professional while being easier for cast to maintain.

Bill in Atlanta

But what if the future is fewer tattoos & piercings? Relaxing the policy would then become outdated.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Again, honest question. Not being rhetorical or argumentative. I just want to know more about the current code as it stands. I imagine it would be completely race-neutral, as written anyway.
And here is the honest answer: When I mention other races, I'm mostly referring to just the hair restrictions. Below was just a super quick google image search that I believe is still relevant today.
1.PNG

It's just a bit dated, in my personal opinion.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I believe that business will draw a line thats short of multi-colored mullets as a professional hairstyle.

View attachment 540391
I agree, sadly. That's where my conservative side starts. I don't believe that particular style should be represented in the parks... Unless it makes sense. But I'm sure world view on that will change in time.

Although, that kid's hairstyle might be okay for a Raya themed land, though.

HarperRose

And here is the honest answer: When I mention other races, I'm mostly referring to just the hair restrictions. Below was just a super quick google image search that I believe is still relevant today.
View attachment 540385

It's just a bit dated, in my personal opinion.
How is looking professional at work outdated? You're 20ish, right? I'll give you a bit of life advice, looking professional at work is never outdated.

dreday3

How many of you are really looking to see if a cast member has the "right" hairstyle? Or if they have a tattoo? and who cares?
How on earth is the girl with a tattoo on her arm affecting your experience?

I could see if they had hair hanging in the food, you can see their underwear or if Snow White had a full sleeve...but the person getting me on Thunder Mountain? Yeah, I don't care if their nose is pierced.

And I'm 47, so this isn't just a 20 something point of view.

wdwfan22

How many of you are really looking to see if a cast member has the "right" hairstyle? Or if they have a tattoo? and who cares?

I could see if they had hair hanging in the food or if Snow White had a full sleeve...but the person getting me on Thunder Mountain? Yeah, I don't care if their nose is pierced.

I personally don’t want to see cast members with tattoos all over their arms and legs or piercings for that matter. Disney isn’t hot topic or a place for staff to express themselves.

HarperRose

I could see if they had hair hanging in the food, you can see their underwear or if Snow White had a full sleeve...but the person getting me on Thunder Mountain? Yeah, I don't care if their nose is pierced.

I always notice in passing when someone looks sloppy at work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom