The Spork returns to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios (March 2021)

Crunchie9

Why?

1616102916380.png

JohnD

Jon81uk

As someone who attended Batuu West while these were actually being used, another major part of the problem was people throwing them away when they were done with their meals. DLR actually had CMs (off-stage) that were using magnets to go through the trash from DB7 once Disney realized this was happening. Wasn't made clear enough these were supposed to be reusable/returned.

No, I didn't steal one. Yes, I will probably buy one next time I have a chance.

But the food was served in resuable dishes wasn't it? So were people throwing out the plates and dishes too?

Surely the answer would be just to not have trash cans, place everything on tray stacks (like Ikea) and the washing-up team sort it out.

I do think Disney should move to more use of washable crockery though instead of more and more disposable packaging.

JohnD

But the food was served in resuable dishes wasn't it? So were people throwing out the plates and dishes too?

Surely the answer would be just to not have trash cans, place everything on tray stacks (like Ikea) and the washing-up team sort it out.

I do think Disney should move to more use of washable crockery though instead of more and more disposable packaging.
You’re right. A $11 metal spork. What a crock.

Jon81uk

You’re right. A $11 metal spork. What a crock.

Not sure what the current price has to do with the previous issue of guests throwing away silverware. I was replying to a comment about guests throwing away the cutlary and wondering why when the food is also in a non-disposable container.

JohnD

Not sure what the current price has to do with the previous issue of guests throwing away silverware. I was replying to a comment about guests throwing away the cutlary and wondering why when the food is also in a non-disposable container.
It’s a joke which apparently sailed over your head. Crockery. Crock.

Kamikaze

Yes, but the openings in the top of the trash cans were too small to fit the reusable containers. They thought of that part at least. Obviously not possible to make the openings too small to put the sporks in as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom