New Walt Disney World discount launched today offers a 20% discount at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Wow that's pretty much unheard of, isn't it?
Have the campsites always gone for around $110 a night? These prices are for April 12-18...
1615900632398.png

Dave B

That's crazy, we pay $10-$15 to camp here in Colorado in some of the most beautifal moutain ranges and lakes that there are in the USA,

Raxel7851

We’ve been camping at FW on and off since it first opened. At one time they had a train that ran a loop around the campground. Of course that’s long gone. This is the first time I’ve ever seen sites discounted. They may have been years ago, but I honestly don’t believe they were. FW is one of the nicest campgrounds in the USA. 10$-15$ a night isn’t getting you full hookups and the amenities offered at the Fort. Of course if you want the views, it’s probably a boondocking site. Which is fine.

Raxel7851

When we were there in September we rented a golf cart. We drove around and saw there were entire loops shut down due to Covid capacity. It was kind of eerie.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That's crazy, we pay $10-$15 to camp here in Colorado in some of the most beautifal moutain ranges and lakes that there are in the USA,
Yeah in a state/national park, maybe. You're not getting full hookups and three swimming pools for that.

I just booked three nights at a state park in Rhode Island and it was $55 per night for out-of-state plates. The bathrooms are cinder blocks, the only amenities are an open field and a small playground, and they don't even have a basic shop with firewood.

JohnD

We’ve been camping at FW on and off since it first opened. At one time they had a train that ran a loop around the campground. Of course that’s long gone. This is the first time I’ve ever seen sites discounted. They may have been years ago, but I honestly don’t believe they were. FW is one of the nicest campgrounds in the USA. 10$-15$ a night isn’t getting you full hookups and the amenities offered at the Fort. Of course if you want the views, it’s probably a boondocking site. Which is fine.

I remember camping there with my parents when I was a kid. If I had my own means of camping (e.g. RV), I would do it myself. It's going to WDW as I remember it. Laid back. Outside activities. Rent boats/canoes. And still go to theme parks.

Dave B

Yeah in a state/national park, maybe. You're not getting full hookups and three swimming pools for that.

I just booked three nights at a state park in Rhode Island and it was $55 per night for out-of-state plates. The bathrooms are cinder blocks, the only amenities are an open field and a small playground, and they don't even have a basic shop with firewood.
True no hook ups as we tent camp, and no swimming pools, but we do have a huge Lake to swim and fish in and camp right on the lake and they have restrooms and showers, don't know what else you need to camp, I have never gone camping where there was swimming pools

Last edited:

NelleBelle

When we travel with our trailer, we often stay at KOA and routinely pay 90+/nt depending on where we are and the site. We definitely are the full hook-up kind of campers unless we are just passing through but even then, we definitely want electricity and water hookups, which some state parks do have, but definitely not for less than 50/nt
Wish FL was a closer drive from WA! FW is on my bucket list!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom