News 'Raya and the Last Dragon' offerings coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've seen the trailer and that's enough for me. It feels like Disney has been going away from their usual, better animation style lately (Raya, Onward, Luca). People will probably eat it up though because of the baby gags.

Ad hominem.

You're giving your opinion why you don't like it.

But there's cognitive dissonance in that the movie is being very well received by critics and audience who disagree with you.

So, you demean all those who disagree with you that their only criteria for liking the movie and will just give it a thumbs up is because there are "baby gags."

You are the sole measure of artistic integrity.

The rest of humanity are simple minded fools distracted by baby gags.

Got it.

GimpYancIent

Ultimately if what merchandise offerings are made available move, if people want to view the movie more than once and if people show any interest in any characters that may appear on property will decide if Raya fades away or not. Otherwise nothing extra ordinary about it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
To me, the characters look like they were done by another studio. I don't know why, maybe they're using different artists. But it doesn't feel like it's upto the usual Disney quality.

dimg
Epic_%282013_film%29_poster.jpg
What a horrible take.

Opinions may vary on the actual story, but in terms of animation quality, this movie is more impressive than anything else Disney or Pixar have ever done with a computer.

tcool123

What a horrible take.

Opinions may vary on the actual story, but in terms of animation quality, this movie is more impressive than anything else Disney or Pixar have ever done with a computer.
Agreed just so many of the scenes are beautifully animated or even unique to look at

• The derailing in Shishu’s fur along with the other character models are all wonderful and are all far from simplistic
  • The scenes where Shishu goes underwater and swims through the river showing us the underwater world of Kumandra was stunning
  • Whenever Shishu would run through the air she would leave behind these beautiful looking looking splashes that mimic water but still looks cloud like
  • The vast variety of enviroments in the film including jungles, desserts, snow capped forests, and even a floating city on the water are all thought out with no skimpage of detail
  • When Boun discuses his plan to steal back the dragon heart it was done in what looks like Meander, and was like a comic book come to life allowing for the actual story of the world and the visions that the characters had to stand out from one another
  • My list goes on and on, but I definitely feel like visually and sonically this movie stands on its own legs perfectly fine

aliceismad

Obviously aesthetics are deeply personal and subjective, but it's arguably the most beautiful animated movie Disney has made. The characters still have the appearance of animation, but there is a depth to the animation. And the depth goes beyond the characters. Both the foregrounds and backgrounds are very detailed and stylized. Things like the hair and the rain, the details in the flowers and the forest floor, etc., made it feel very tangible.

chimchimcheree

I'm lucky to have just walked out of the IMAX showing of Raya and the Last Dragon, and WOW. What an exceptional film. Other commenters have made clear just how technically and artistically skilled the animation is; I'm adding kudos in for the score! I'm listening to it again on Spotify at the moment. I don't get emotionally invested in movies very often, but this one swept me up. I know someone here mentioned giving Kali River Rapids a Raya re-theme, which absolutely thematically tracks the film, but I would rather the movie get its own original attraction. (Of course, just my two cents post-viewing; mileage may vary.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't have to see something that looks awful.

All of you people who love everything Disney does, like their crappy sequels (Dory, Incredibles, Ralph) can eat it all up and ask for more.

One can not like the questionable sequels but like Raya. I’ve seen all of the movies in question. Raya is good, unlike the sequels mentioned.

Funny how an original story (aka: Non-sequel/“reimagining”) can lead to a good movie.

Your last comment is honestly hilarious. Perhaps you have this forum confused with DIS? Most around here are far from “eat it all up and love it” Disney people.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
One can not like the questionable sequels but like Raya. I’ve seen all of the movies in question. Raya is good, unlike the sequels mentioned.

Funny how an original story (aka: Non-sequel/“reimagining”) can lead to a good movie.

Your last comment is honestly hilarious. Perhaps you have this forum confused with DIS? Most around here are far from “eat it all up and love it” Disney people.
You can also dislike Raya and recognize the animation quality. Cars 2, for example, is a crap movie that is *technically* extremely impressive.

SpoiledBlueMilk

All of you people who love everything Disney does, like their crappy sequels (Dory, Incredibles, Ralph) can eat it all up and ask for more.
Very happy to read the benefit of your informed opinion. I'm sure the 60 seconds of total video we've seen on commercials is truly representative of every scene in a full-length movie.

Personally, I absolutely detested Moby Dick. I could tell from the cover design of the edition I glanced at while walking past the shelf that the novel was absolute crap.

aliceismad

Yeah, I like all the sequels you mentioned, mostly for how they make my kid laugh, but I would never consider them the best animation or storytelling ever. Sometimes it's ok to like the fluff too.

Raya isn't fluff though, in its storytelling or animation quality.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, I like all the sequels you mentioned, mostly for how they make my kid laugh, but I would never consider them the best animation or storytelling ever. Sometimes it's ok to like the fluff too.

Raya isn't fluff though, in its storytelling or animation quality.
I saw a poster for Raya and I didn't like the storytelling at all!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Uh. Okay. So basically you're telling everyone to not bother caring about your opinion since you won't do the proper research (literally just watching the movie) to form your own conclusion... Gotcha.

I supposed there's a reason why your profile picture is a clown. Lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom