Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Visited magic kingdom today. Considering it’s a Monday, in slow season, it was packed. I cannot imagine how bad it was during the holidays. Walk ways full, people walking while eating, taking masks off for photos all over, taking a mask off for an entire ride, quick service serving cold food.
Epcot wasn’t nearly as bad either. Animal kingdom was decent. but it’s clear they are trying hard to get back to normal quicker than the virus is.
That is truly disheartening. The one thing I've been able to hang on to is that WDW (esp MK) had been, by most reports, doing very well at enforcing mask-wearing. Your post makes it sound like the CMs have simply thrown in the towel and are no longer enforcing the rules. :(

jaxonp

Really? I've heard a lot of praise for Disneyland Paris. Mostly that it's the most beautiful castle park by far, but also that a couple of its attractions are the best version of them across all the castle parks.

Walt Disney Studios Park (the second gate in Paris), on the other hand, does not get much praise at all.

Parc Disneyland is wonderful.. except for the food.

Best version of Big Thunder and it isn't close. Interesting take on Space Mountain and The Haunted Mansion. Most beautiful castle park on the planet as well.

The park next door is probably the worst looking Park on the planet as far as Disney goes but it has a ton of e-tickets. Crush is amazing.

Tokyo is the best park on the planet so there's that.

Sharon&Susan

The beginning hallway being part of the ride, the busts, endless staircase scene , 21st century technology of the mirror ghosts!
I wouldn't really say moving the changing portraits and the busts to the ride is necessarily a change for the better. Most of time, you get more time to look at the changing portraits in Anaheim than on the doombuggies in Florida, but the moving busts (which I think what you're talking about with the busts?) definitely work better in Florida where it's much more controlled and not as easy to see the seams of the illusion.

I mean, putting a screen on the doombuggies where you answer a questionnaire would also be a use of 21st century technology. The new HG are way overdone animation wise and you also lose a neat illusion, effect for an obvious screen effect. If I had to point to a modern improvement in MK's HM that's not in DL I'd look more towards the great, sound system in the Stretching Room added in 2007 or the improvements made to the Constance figure in the Florida version.

The_Jobu

Anybody post this yet?

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 1.36.16 PM.png

matt9112

That is pretty funny they are basically already doing what they announced for later in the year. It would have been better for us if they kept it a secret.

Disney is a marketing machine....anything they can fluff as the greatest thing humanity had ever seen they will. Im suprised we dont get prime time ads when a new restroom opens.

matt9112

That could be true, but DHS seems to currently be the big draw. That could change when Tron opens.

I mean....opening a slew of atteactions in (for Disney standards) a very short order in the smallest park on property without increasing much if any actual capacity (i mean in the context of pathways etc) is bound to go over well....couple that with a lottery for the latest in that slew of attractions and there you have it.

To be fair studios needed the love but they should have forseen some of this even minus covid alot better. This is the company that had no idea people like shade when they wait in line remember 🤣🤣

JFP

What about the wait for the rides? Walkways are always crowded.
We just returned from (1/24-1/30). I didn't have the same experience as the other poster. There were certain places where the walkways were crowded. However, the waits were short and constantly moving across all 4 parks we visited. We found the wait times to all be inflated; most significantly inflated. I also saw near 100% mask compliance - everywhere.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
"You take the blue pill and you go home where you are safe from the virus. You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland and I will show you just how bad the crowds will get." ;)

You practice social distancing, basic sanitation, hygiene, wear real masks and your fine until you can get vaccinated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom