News Disney characters will soon be visiting Walt Disney World Resort hotels

drew81

Disney put out a survey a couple of weeks ago asking guests about the appeal of something like this. To see it implemented so fast is surprising. Must have been one of the clear favorites, I think.
It was in the works long before that survey was sent out.
Or they had already decided and posed the survey to support the decision.. I never give them the benefit of the doubt - sorry
This.

Tavernacle12

Wasn’t this also a big survey topic a few years ago? They were wondering if they could jack up hotel fees but give some bonuses like character interaction to make it feel justified/premium.

I’ll be interested in seeing how this works. The parks have a lot of castmember-only areas that characters can go to frequently. Not every hotel has visible areas with barriers like that, though, but I guess doing calvalcades negates that.

SpaceMountain77

Character update! Goofy and Pluto have just arrived at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!

A78018D8-B8D7-452A-AD85-87CFB5422258.jpeg

rowrbazzle

I remember them announcing characters would be found at some resorts last year, but I never saw any evidence of it actually being implemented. And if it was it must have been brief as I visited not long after it was supposed to start.

It would be nice if characters at the hotels were a permanent thing (without the distancing restriction).

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I remember them announcing characters would be found at some resorts last year, but I never saw any evidence of it actually being implemented. And if it was it must have been brief as I visited not long after it was supposed to start.

It would be nice if characters at the hotels were a permanent thing (without the distancing restriction).
I took these last summer (8/28/19) from the Courtyard pool at GF.

EB57D816-AFAE-4DB2-957F-3B05D4675297.png

AB7942E2-4B8D-4364-864E-F4638829D218.png

PrincessLaur

This is so fun and I hope something they will continue. One of the things we loved most at Aulani was walking around the resort and having surprise interactions with characters. One of my happiest memories from that trip was running into Moana during a quiet late afternoon and she took a good five minutes to interact with my little girls who were just floored. It would be fun to be leaving for the parks from a resort in the morning and see Mickey in the lobby to really kick off the day. This is a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom