News Annual Passholder pop-up shop coming to EPCOT's Germany pavilion

aladdin2007

Thats an odd location...but anyone know if its true that those on the monthly payment have to confirm their pass extension by November 1st or the pass will be terminated? I cant find confirmation of this anywhere but other sites are reporting it, and nothing has come from Disney.

castlecake2.0

Odd location, but maybe chosen to make you walk to the back of the park? Also curious to see if more shops will open leading up to Christmas.

EDIT: just wanted to also say that if there’s something you want from a closed shop at world showcase you can ask a cast member in the area and they are usually able to get it for you.

Magic Feather

Thats an odd location...but anyone know if its true that those on the monthly payment have to confirm their pass extension by November 1st or the pass will be terminated? I cant find confirmation of this anywhere but other sites are reporting it, and nothing has come from Disney.

Odd location, but maybe chosen to make you walk to the back of the park? Also curious to see if more shops will open leading up to Christmas.

EDIT: just wanted to also say that if there’s something you want from a closed shop at world showcase you can ask a cast member in the area and they are usually able to get it for you.
Definitely a weird spot, but I guess it fits the bill of "Disney-owned shop that's closed at the moment."
I just find it amusing how as recently as one year ago, there were a small army of spaces that could be used for this, and now that number has shrunk dramatically.

Still doesn't mean that this couldn't have used something like the old Siemens lounge or half of the Canada Pavilion.

castlecake2.0

Definitely a weird spot, but I guess it fits the bill of "Disney-owned shop that's closed at the moment."
I just find it amusing how as recently as one year ago, there were a small army of spaces that could be used for this, and now that number has shrunk dramatically.

Still doesn't mean that this couldn't have used something like the old Siemens lounge or half of the Canada Pavilion.

I really wish they would reopen the shop in the Château. It currently just has storage racks for le cellier, but with a new coat of paint and carpet it would be ready to go, and is a beautiful space.

aladdin2007

I almost wonder if its a push to get some seats filled in what seems to be a struggling Biergarten. Maybe by putting the merch back there they think passholders will think we may as well dine here while here.

JohnD

Yes. I received an email on October 8 that directed me to a link to revise my contract. I approved it.

Dear Valued Passholder,

Thank you for deciding to extend your annual pass(es) by the amount of time the Walt Disney World theme parks were closed.

To finalize this extension and confirm your new schedule of payments, please review and sign the amendment to your Annual Pass monthly payment agreement by following these 3 simple steps:

Step 1: Link your Annual Pass to your Disney account in MyDisneyExperience if you have not done so already

Step 2: Click here(link removed) to consent to the use of an electronic signature

Step 3: Follow the instructions after providing this consent to sign your amendment and finalize your extension

Note that this pass extension may already be reflected in your MyDisneyExperience account. Please sign the amendment using the steps above by November 1, 2020, or this pass extension will be cancelled. If you need any assistance, please call (888) 701-4100 .

Thank you for being a valued Passholder and we look forward to seeing you back at the Walt Disney World resort soon!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations

Last edited:

Kman101

It is an odd location.

And wait, what on the pass? I've been confused by this as well. I'd like to know for sure before I spend hours on hold, lol

JohnD

It is an odd location.

And wait, what on the pass? I've been confused by this as well. I'd like to know for sure before I spend hours on hold, lol

I think the reason is this: Sure, you have to make a park reservation to get in. But if it's closer to an entrance, annual passsholders will just pop in and pop out for the pop up. So put it in a shop where you have to make an effort to get to it.

aladdin2007

It is an odd location.

Im as clueless as you , have not received anything about this or seen an announcement, just various sites reporting it, but time is getting short so ....are they just hoping people wont do it and and they can get rid of more passholders?

Kman101

Im as clueless as you , have not received anything about this or seen an announcement, just various sites reporting it, but time is getting short so ....are they just hoping people wont do it and and they can get rid of more passholders?

Seems that way ...

Kman101

I think the reason is this: Sure, you have to make a park reservation to get in. But if it's closer to an entrance, annual passsholders will just pop in and pop out for the pop up. So put it in a shop where you have to make an effort to get to it.

Good point!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom