New discounts announced for Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. They're going to have stop somewhere. You asked the same question of Maryland. But then if you include Texas and Maryland, you get "But what about Oklahoma and Delaware?" and so on.
Which gets me to where I was going: they don’t seem to want to “reopen”...or they’d just do a blanket discount.

And the Maryland/west Virginia question is a little different...
Same distance...but one has people.

JohnD

Which gets me to where I was going: they don’t seem to want to “reopen”...or they’d just do a blanket discount.

It's look more like states within driving distance on the same day (approximately). Anyway, it's a start. I don't recall U.S. discounts to other specific states from outside of Florida before. There may also be coordination with the State of Florida regarding travel to Florida from states outside of that area.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's look more like states within driving distance on the same day (approximately). Anyway, it's a start. I don't recall U.S. discounts to other specific states from outside of Florida before. There may also be coordination with the State of Florida regarding travel to Florida from states outside of that area.

...now THAT’s funny! 😂

Epcot82Guy

Would really love to know when we "might" be able to purchase Annual Passes again. I sure would love to use some of these passholder discounts. I have 2 upcoming trips and this would be a great year to have an annual pass, and these discounts don't do anything for my current trips.

Same here. I moved down to Orlando in May, holding my pass purchase to get a Florida resident pass upon arrival. Still locked out from the parks. It's quite frustrating given their current numbers - yet still turning us away. The $65 or $50 a day pass is fine, but you can't purchase many of those and justify it. (And, I would easily be going to the parks for a little time, buying food, etc. - so the "APs aren't worth anything" argument doesn't quite work.) But, another topic for another thread!

JohnD

...now THAT’s funny! 😂

I'm serious. There was a conference with the Governor only last week. He said he was for increased capacity. But this may be a way toward that . . . slowly. While still dealing with COVID, they probably don't want to do a blanket anything yet. And even if not working with Governor, if they went with a blanket offer I think Disney would be slammed hard by critics everywhere that they don't take COVID seriously. I don't have a dog in that hunt one way or the other. I just know that would happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would really love to know when we "might" be able to purchase Annual Passes again. I sure would love to use some of these passholder discounts. I have 2 upcoming trips and this would be a great year to have an annual pass, and these discounts don't do anything for my current trips.
Same here. I moved down to Orlando in May, holding my pass purchase to get a Florida resident pass upon arrival. Still locked out from the parks. It's quite frustrating given their current numbers - yet still turning us away. The $65 or $50 a day pass is fine, but you can't purchase many of those and justify it. (And, I would easily be going to the parks for a little time, buying food, etc. - so the "APs aren't worth anything" argument doesn't quite work.) But, another topic for another thread!

That’s a going to become a BIG topic of discussion around here....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm serious. There was a conference with the Governor only last week. He said he was for increased capacity. But this may be a way toward that . . . slowly. While still dealing with COVID, they probably don't want to do a blanket anything yet.
That’s my point...

He is begging for money from travel because it’s florida and there are no other options.
A cake is just a cake with that guy.

HouCuseChickie

I could be wrong, but it seems like 900 miles to the state's most heavily populated city was the gauge for that third offer. Baltimore is MD's and is right at the 900mi mark and they were excluded. Houston is TX's and it's a bit over that mark...which is funny, because we often choose to drive.

JohnD

I could be wrong, but it seems like 900 miles to the state's most heavily populated city was the gauge for that third offer. Baltimore is MD's and is right at the 900mi mark and they were excluded. Houston is TX's and it's a bit over that mark...which is funny, because we often choose to drive.

"Baltimore" to "Walt Disney World" using Google's pre-determined drop-pins is 899 miles. LOL!

JohnD

Same 2hr and 48 min hold to get it added to my reservation. I often listen to Disney music at my desk while working but after that repeated loop I’m taking a break and listening to something different this afternoon.

Is your reservation such that you can't add it online via MDE? I updated mine in several minutes on MDE.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Is your reservation such that you can't add it online via MDE? I updated mine in several minutes on MDE.
It would not for whatever reason. Going in early Dec staying at Art of Animation, barring a change on Disney’s part of hotel opening. We will still go, just not sure if it will open on schedule or not.

JohnD

It would not for whatever reason. Going in early Dec staying at Art of Animation, barring a change on Disney’s part of hotel opening. We will still go, just not sure if it will open on schedule or not.

Probably because it isn't yet open so you can't change reservations online even though it will be open by the time you get there.

AshaNeOmah

Probably low occ (partial mothballs) after...if I had to guess.

Dec 25th to Jan 2nd should be the busiest time of the year. They're hoping they don't have to offer discounts that week.

That being said, if it extended to that week, I'd restore the reservation I cancelled last month from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd. It's hard to justify rack prices for New Year's when there won't be fireworks or additional entertainment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dec 25th to Jan 2nd should be the busiest time of the year. They're hoping they don't have to offer discounts that week.

That being said, if it extended to that week, I'd restore the reservation I cancelled last month from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd. It's hard to justify rack prices for New Year's when there won't be fireworks or additional entertainment.
Flatline right after...was my point. 12/26-1/1 is largely irrelevant to the situation they’re in through their own admission.

peoplemover

I’ve been having trouble with my reservation, too. I’ve had to call to make my payments because it wouldn’t take my debit card or a Disney gift card. D today it wouldn’t change my reservation. But it finally worked. I would still wait on the phone, though, if I had to, to save $200.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom