News Sneak Peak of Mulan opens August 21 at Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Walt Disney Presents will be showing a preview of Mulan from August 21 2020 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Along with the preview there will be a display of an original witch costume from the move, along with a replica of a warrior costume and sword.

raymusiccity

Walt Disney Presents will be showing a preview of Mulan from August 21 2020 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Along with the preview there will be a display of an original witch costume from the move, along with a replica of a warrior costume and sword.
So, next week, Disney is premiering The New Mutants on the big screen in theaters... .and Mulan is going straight to Disney+.......Oh, that makes perfect sense!?! 😳

MrPromey

Will it cost $29.99 to get in?

If you're a Florida resident, as little as $65 when paying for four viewing opportunities at once*

*For multi-viewing opportunity tickets, all opportunities must be used during the valid ticket dates. Proof of Florida residency required. All adults will need to show proof of Florida resident at entrance. All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced and no, you probably will not get to ride Rise of the Resitance so stop asking.

Last edited:

Goofyque'

So, next week, Disney is premiering The New Mutants on the big screen in theaters... .and Mulan is going straight to Disney+.......Oh, that makes perfect sense!?! 😳
Actually in some cases, yes. There are as many states without theaters open right now as with. And like always, we can always wait til it comes out on DVD. :)

dreamfinder

By all accounts, they have little expectations of The New Mutants. If it does well, shows there is some sort of demand in the theaters. It bombs, they didn't really think anyone would see it. It's been lingering on the shelf for what, 2-3 years?
Mulan, they don't want to take a bath on. If it bombs in the theaters, then they lose their money and need to hope they can recoup something from DVD/BluRay sales. By releasing it to Disney+ as an additional up charge, they can keep it under wraps to make some sort of money. Lets them technically add new content to Disney+, but still gives them an out to have a theatrical release in 6 months, or a year if the market improves.

MrPromey

By all accounts, they have little expectations of The New Mutants. If it does well, shows there is some sort of demand in the theaters. It bombs, they didn't really think anyone would see it. It's been lingering on the shelf for what, 2-3 years?..

Based on the tone of the trailers, I don't think New Mutants was ever considered for Disney+ and frankly, I think there's a loss of synergy by splitting up the comic book movies between there and Hulu.

I'm sure there were serious discussions regarding Logan.

That said, this probably isn't a movie Disney would have green-lit if they'd had control over the movie rights when it came down the pipe so considering they inherited it as a mostly-complete project from Fox, I'm sure they see anything they make on it as a bonus, regardless of if it ends up being any good or not.

Last edited:

FigmentsFangirl

Actually in some cases, yes. There are as many states without theaters open right now as with. And like always, we can always wait til it comes out on DVD. :)
IF Disney does indeed release it to DVD, far as I know, most movies are either BR+DVD+Digital or Ultra4K+BR+Digital. My hope is they release it to DVD so I can see it fro mthe library, if that. Lately that is how I am buying movies, {execept for a recent pair {star wars and avengers}}

Animaniac93-98

The animated Mulan was mostly made at Disney-MGM Studios. Would be nice to acknowledge the park's history by having some displays and video showing that, along with the Mulan parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom