Polynesian Resort and Art of Animation reopening delayed and others cancelled

esskay

Not at all surprising, but not a good development either. Until the US gets things under control there will be few international guests, which means a tiny fraction of the usual number of people wanting to go to wdw.

Nothing Disney does at this point is going to fix demand so they may as well scale back and cut out unnecessery expenses until things get better. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're down to only a couple of resorts and alternating opening days at parks, especially if the 2nd wave happens later this year.

Monorail_Red_77

Does this impact DVC at the Poly as well?
The DVC parts of the resorts are open. I was at Poly this past Saturday and Lobby was open. As was Grand Floridian Lobby, Riviera Resort mostly open. contemporary too. Here’s a pic of an almost empty Grand FL lobby. Busses are running with about 6 groupings and Monorail with 1 group per seat in each section Monorail. Each Monorail car is split into two sections with canvas barriers between. So 2 groups can sit in each section of small groups. No standing allowed.

Attachments

• 917E5C0D-EB47-483B-B182-A20C8F984F37.jpeg
    917E5C0D-EB47-483B-B182-A20C8F984F37.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 25C42C31-9433-4A2C-ABC8-4BDC07062908.jpeg
    25C42C31-9433-4A2C-ABC8-4BDC07062908.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

Goofnut1980

This is so crazy. Worse than 2011. People not traveling to Florida. But they sure are living it up in their home states as no one has this under control yet. The masks are the kicker. We have friends that canceled December because they don’t want to wear a mask. They don’t bother me at all and I even cover my nose!!! Unlike so many idiots that don’t. I guess people thing the virus only comes in thru the mouth?? Wrong. They all complain they can’t breathe. I’m pretty sure you can figure it out. Nurses and doctors do it all day long and aren’t passing out from not breathing. Heck my dentist has to wear two masks when working in people’s mouths. People in the states are just such pansies when it comes to protecting public health and others.

Lirael

Until the US gets things under control there will be few international guests, which means a tiny fraction of the usual number of people wanting to go to wdw.
Honest question, are there any international guests at all right now? I thought everyone had forbidden travel to the USA right now.

Either way, I also think this is cost saving: spreading guests out at, say, 10 hotels is safer, but placing them in only 5 is cheaper. So increasing demand in open resorts rather than branching to open new ones saves them money.

Robbiem

Honest question, are there any international guests at all right now? I thought everyone had forbidden travel to the USA right now.

Either way, I also think this is cost saving: spreading guests out at, say, 10 hotels is safer, but placing them in only 5 is cheaper. So increasing demand in open resorts rather than branching to open new ones saves them money.

For Brits it is virtually impossible to visit
Here is the uk government travel advice https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

Basically you can’t travel to the US if you’ve been in the UK or anywhere in mainland Europe (Shengen zone) in the past 14 days and if haven’t you can enter the US but must quarantine for 14 days.

the rules apply to all of Europe as well so thats a big chunk of the international market gone for the time being

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

Air travel ban still on for Central American countries. Borders have been closed for 4+ months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom