Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is now offering up to a 30 percent discount for Annual Passholders

DoleWhipDrea

We have a reservation at Polynesian that we just pushed back to late August, we also have a Swan reservation in the fall that I mentioned earlier in the thread. I've made 7 days of park passes for each of those two reservations. But I just tested to see if I could now make 3 additional days of random park passes with our AP's, and I was able to do it. I'll cancel them because we can't go to the parks without a place to stay, but it did work. Thank you! :)

Thanks for the heads up! I just tried and it worked for me too!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Update: Swan and Dolphin are closing again. My stay booked for the end of the month was cancelled.

Neither were supposed to be open for guests for all of July anyway since they're hosting Major League Soccer.

Surprised you had a July booking that wasn't already cancelled.

The Swan becomes available again on July 29. And the Dolphin can be booked starting Aug 12.

1595113089646.png

1595113111941.png

Mark P.

The Swan becomes available again on July 29. And the Dolphin can be booked starting Aug 12.

This must have been a recent change, because we had a confirmed booking at the Dolphin starting July 29 that was just relocated to the Swan as of today:

To better serve our guests, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will shift all reservations and operations to the Walt Disney World Swan Resort during your visit. As a result, your reservation has been changed to the Swan. Your confirmation number, rate, and “My Disney Experience” information will remain the same, however upon arrival you will check-in at the Swan. No further action is required from you. As our guest, you will have access to full-service dining at Kimonos, Il Mulino Garden Grove (breakfast only) and Splash, quick-service dining at Java, the Swan health club, the Swan pools, our private white sand beach and other resort amenities. Please note the Dolphin will remain closed to the public. Should you have any questions or concerns or need additional assistance, please contact our reservations team at 1-800-227-1500 or reservations@swandolphin.com.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
This must have been a recent change, because we had a confirmed booking at the Dolphin starting July 29 that was just relocated to the Swan as of today:

Getting around to moving you was new.

But the plan to use the Swolphin for MLS was set in place about a month ago.

Mark P.

Getting around to moving you was new.

But the plan to use the Swolphin for MLS was set in place about a month ago.

Yeah, I was aware of their plans, but we only booked two weeks ago, so I'd have assumed the reservation system had the correct dates blocked out by then. In any event, I'm not too concerned about it, because we're getting a decent rate and will still have access to everything except for Dolphin dining (which is a little disappointing because we love Phins, but nothing a cocktail at Abracadabar can't fix).

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Yeah, I was aware of their plans, but we only booked two weeks ago, so I'd have assumed the reservation system had the correct dates blocked out by then. In any event, I'm not too concerned about it, because we're getting a decent rate and will still have access to everything except for Dolphin dining (which is a little disappointing because we love Phins, but nothing a cocktail at Abracadabar can't fix).

Hmmm... How did you book it? Two weeks ago, I saw that dates blacked out as I posted above on the Swolphin's own site.

HollyAD

That’s pretty good!
I just called to inquire about their advertised “special nurse rate“ as advertised:
“In appreciation for all that you do, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort would like to offer you a very special room rate for your next vacation to the most magical place in the world...the Walt Disney World® Resort!”
$2 per night discount😂
They certainlydon’t have to do anything, but the AP discount is WAY better😂
You have got to be kidding! Insulting :eek:

crawale

Update: Swan and Dolphin are closing again. My stay booked for the end of the month was cancelled.
I cancelled my stay at the Dolphin and am now trying to get a refund. Accounting phone# has a full message box so nothing can be left. Eventually got connected with a barely English speaking person who said refunds can take up to 90 days. Pretty poor service all round. Glad I moved my reservation to Boardwalk - at least Disney does refund deposits in a very timely way.

tkeerl

I am booked in January at Boardwalk at rack rate (as they have no AP rates yet. I suspect they wont open it by January so I am looking at alternatives. SwanDolphin does have AP discounts for January that make it just over half the rate I have at Boardwalk. Two questions - Are Swan and Dolphin equivalent and if not which do people NOT at a convention prefer. Secondly, as it it is not Disney property what do I lose (other that Disney Dining, which as AP I dont have, and magicband access)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I am booked in January at Boardwalk at rack rate (as they have no AP rates yet. I suspect they wont open it by January so I am looking at alternatives. SwanDolphin does have AP discounts for January that make it just over half the rate I have at Boardwalk. Two questions - Are Swan and Dolphin equivalent and if not which do people NOT at a convention prefer. Secondly, as it it is not Disney property what do I lose (other that Disney Dining, which as AP I dont have, and magicband access)

You also lose Magic Express free airport shuttle (which isn't running during COVID). You can't charge to your room from the parks.

Swan is slightly more luxe than Dolphin, but Dolphin has all the amenities: laundry, gym, salon, more restaurants. That's why I prefer Dolphin.

Swolphin also has a big resort fee, so, take that into account.

Swolphin does give you 60 day FP+ (if ever activated again) and free transportation to the parks and Disney Springs. You get all the perks of being at a Disney Resort at the golf parks.

But, make no mistake, Swolphin is a deluxe level accommodation (by Disney standards).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom